New Custom Tarot Deck Sales Tool

gregory

Maybe you could do that thing another site I visit does - have the letters of the alphabet at the top and you click the one you want ?

The Game Crafter

Maybe you could do that thing another site I visit does - have the letters of the alphabet at the top and you click the one you want ?

Nobody likes your ideas gregory!

That seems like a quite reasonable idea. Damn you for being reasonable.

tarotbear

And tonight is the big 'To Do' updating at TGC? Will deck creators have to update/upgrade their decks listings?

I always wonder when the only listing that comes close is 'Adult/Mature' which sounds like it's the 'naughty stuff' when it may be that you just know that no small child would be interested in your Cerebral artsy-deck; perhaps the listing could be 'Adult/Mature' and 'Adult/Party" or something...or maybe deck creators should be able to chose more than one classification for their game/deck?

Just spewing things off the top of my head ....

The Game Crafter

And tonight is the big 'To Do' updating at TGC? Will deck creators have to update/upgrade their decks listings?

I always wonder when the only listing that comes close is 'Adult/Mature' which sounds like it's the 'naughty stuff' when it may be that you just know that no small child would be interested in your Cerebral artsy-deck; perhaps the listing could be 'Adult/Mature' and 'Adult/Party" or something...or maybe deck creators should be able to chose more than one classification for their game/deck?

Just spewing things off the top of my head ....

We're not currently updating the shop. It's on the todo list for this summer.

I don't want to muddy the waters of Adult. I don't care why someone is choosing Adult. If you want to make your deck adult and something else, then choose the age range of 18+ and something else.

garmonbozia

I'm so sorry for the delayed response!

Yes we won't charge your card until the sale is over. And yes, if you attach a cart containing other items, those items won't be charged to your card until the sale ends either.

Does that answer your questions?

I can't figure out how to "attach a cart". I placed an order for the crowd sale item. If I now place a regular order, do they get combined "behind the scenes"?

I just want to make sure because I would like them all to ship together to save on shipping costs.

Thanks!

The Game Crafter

I can't figure out how to "attach a cart". I placed an order for the crowd sale item. If I now place a regular order, do they get combined "behind the scenes"?

I just want to make sure because I would like them all to ship together to save on shipping costs.

Thanks!

You add some items to your cart, then visit the crowd sale page and hit the "attach a cart" button. Then everything will ship together.

garmonbozia

Aha! Thanks. I didn't realize you had to go back into the "Buy" button. Figured it out now.

MandMaud

As I see it, the options could be:
  • parent category 'divination' or 'divination cards' with 'Tarot', 'Lenormand' and 'Oracle' as subcategories;
  • or parent 'cards' (maybe 'divination cards') with subcategories 'Tarot/Lenormand', and 'Oracle' or simply 'Other'.
What do people think?

I do think non-structured decks* need to be separate from Tarot and Lenormand. If someone's picked up a tarot book at a jumble sale and decided to get themselves a deck, it's easy to end up with something that has no suits, no major arcana, etc, and not realise till it's too late.
* I mean those without suits, major/minor arcana, etc or the traditional set of cards that is Lenormand.

As a beginner I thought there was tarot, and there was doing something similar with ordinary playing cards, and that was it. Even people who have taken a bit of interest and have an idea of the suits or the majors often think there's only the one deck = "the tarot" and have no idea there are hordes of different artistic interpretations.

(To be honest I thought for a long time that Lenormand was just another publisher. :laugh:)

I don't think it would work to divide divination from playing cards, because even if a tarot deck's intended for games, people would be bound to use it to read, and you can always play card games with any deck regardless of whether it was designed for reading.

These days more people search than browse, but we do understand there are people that do like to browse so the next version of our site will be more browse friendly.

However, as regards searching ... when I searched on 'Parts Bag, Small, Purple', I got a load of things that weren't bags at all: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/search?#_sort_by=Relevance&q=Parts+Bag,+Small,+Purple and 'Game Pieces' isn't even in the list of categories to filter by ...
... even though I knew the item existed and 'Parts Bag, Small, Purple' is exactly what it's called: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/parts-bag-small-purple
... really can't understand that!

I don't want to muddy the waters of Adult. I don't care why someone is choosing Adult. If you want to make your deck adult and something else, then choose the age range of 18+ and something else.

I think the point is that many people will avoid anything tagged Adult, thinking it will be Very Rude. :D One of those ambiguous terms.

The Game Crafter said:
And you guys are as close to Tarot experts as I am aware exist. If you can't agree, what hope is there for novice's?

It's well known that the more experts you have, the less clear the answer! Luckily it's only tarot you're asking about and not do-it-yourself brain surgery. ;)
dc2c4ac222fd35bd722d6b442df49cc8.jpg