Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Spiffo

I probably will try a Kickstart when done rather than taking out a loan or foolishly using a credit card, like I have done in the past to pay for printing . Though I am dubious i can crowd fund, since I don't use Facebook or similar social media.
Anyway I too am glad in a way the Majors exist, though as a business decision it was not so good.

I'd be happy to help out on Social Media (Tumblr, Twitter, ello, Facebook, etc.) if you do go down the crowd funding street.

gregory

Thanks gregory! I shall take your word for that, as you probably have seen many more of them than I have. I look occassionally, and have backed at least one, but of the very successful ones I've seen are all linked to various social accounts and have followers. :)
Oh they LINK - the current Lo Scarabeo one is linked to their FB page. It's smart to link when you can ! Obviously anything helps with marketing. But - well, I have backed it and I can see from the comments that not everyone who has is on FB !

PLEASE promise not to go with indiegogo...

Babalon Jones

Thank you so much for the words of support! I really appreciate it.

It will most likely be Kickstarter, as I know people trust Indiegogo less. Though I think I have a good reputation for followthrough and have built some trust I want people who don't know that or me to be comfortable.

But, it is a ways in the future! I need to finish the deck, and the book, first. I had yesterday off and got a few more sketches done. I really am making extraordinary progress lately, for me, being a slow artist due the type of art. So I am very hopeful that I will finish this year. I will be working on it all this weekend, as per my usual routine :angel:

Babalon Jones

Two weird things. Yesterday was my day off, and as usual, I spent it on the cards. I finished inking the black on one card that was already in progress, then took the dog on a walk before starting the next card I planned to ink. Now this next card is one of those ones that is sort of unpleasant, and on my walk I started thinking about how sometimes, creators report that the energy of a card manifests in life as they work on them. I've noticed that too (but not always). So I wondered if an unpleasant surprise would happen, and if I'd get something bad in the mail or something. (And no, I was not expecting anything bad in the mail).

So anyway, I got back from the walk and opened the mailbox, and there was a big stack of what can only be described as Very Unpleasant Mail. The type of mail, that fit the energy of the card completely. It is weird, I don't consider myself psychic, but I get premonitions about the mail frequently, and almost always when I am in motion, like in a car or on a walk.

So then of course I got a little mentally derailed worrying about what came in the mail, and lost an hour or two of art time fretting, but got over it and got to work on the card. And all things considered I actually managed to turn the Worry off as I knew that it would do no good, and would just make me unhappy.

I'm working on the card just watching the pen make the marks on the paper not really thinking about it, when I notice that my hand is surrounded by electric blue light. Sort of like the color of lightning but darker, like a cobalt slightly violet blue. Of course when I notice it and look right at it, it disappears.

Hey I am not a "woo woo" type and am not one to usually see auras and stuff, though seeing them has happened a few times in my life, and I've seen this particular color come off my hand before now that I think about it. But it is rare. I've been told I have blue in my aura. It used to be green-blue like teal when I was younger but now it is royal blue, or so I've been told. So maybe I just saw that. It looked like the color of what comes off a tesla coil, but bluer and not any white.

I just thought it was pretty cool, and at the risk of sounding weird thought I'd share it here as I can't really see telling anyone I know about such things.

wooden-eye

So....how did the card turn out? I bet it is great.
By the way Babalon, I think you might actually be more "woo woo", than you give yourself credit for.
It may be time to stand up at the local WWA (woo woo anon) meeting and announce loudly and clearly " my name is........and I am WooWoo."

Londubh

It may be time to stand up at the local WWA (woo woo anon) meeting and announce loudly and clearly " my name is........and I am WooWoo."

This is making me laugh. Perhaps you can raise funds by selling "WWA" shirts. I'd buy one :)

Babalon Jones

Well, I am more woo than the average Bernie on the street what with the esoteric studies, but still, not very according to personal scale of wooness. i still need to ask myself WWWWD (What would Woo Woo do?)

Sad and gloomy today. My brother's dog died in his arms this morning and I feel so sad for him. It is cold, dark, and dreary here today (what's new, seems like it has been for ages winter is so endless). And since it is my day off, I plod along with the art. I am working on a heavy, leaden card of Saturn today to boot.

rylla

I just thought it was pretty cool, and at the risk of sounding weird thought I'd share it here as I can't really see telling anyone I know about such things.

Not weird at all, these kind of experiences happen. They are very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

So sorry for your brother's dog (and for your brother's pain)

WWWWD? :) funny!

Babalon Jones

Thanks, rylla! I am a dog person so feel sad to think of what losing one is like. But this dog was old and had a good life. I hope he gets another one.

The good news is, I've now finished the black and white version of that card I was working on today, which was the last Saturny pip. So no more Saturn influence until the courts, where it doesn't have the same effect as the minors, some of which are pretty heavy.

Next card I do is going to be a happy one, start the weekend early :cool4::livelong:

Alta

Good idea to move to a lighter natured card next. :)