The Sunshine Lenormand

greatdane

Personally

I like the same background so when the cards are lined up, you are just seeing the different images, not different color tones of backgrounds. But maybe some like differences.

CasCanete

Thanks GD, my plan was to have them be similar in color but not iidentical, just to keep it a bit more organic and have that handmade quality I like so much. I think I will change the mountain though. That gradient is just a bit too much I think..

greatdane

I like the nuanced, not-exactly-the same idea too!

I think that would be great. Slight differences would add to, not detract, from the images I think.

Melia

Hi Cas,

Have you seen the Melissa Lenormand?
http://www.divinewhispers.net/melissasGT.jpg
This is one of the more popular modern decks, probably because the backgrounds are not the same, making it easier for larger spread readings (i.e. you don't have to look too hard to find the individual cards). The deck is out of print, but one of the big publishers has picked it up, so obviously someone recognises its strength.

Your key card is very nice ... similar to one I've done actually - grey key, gold background.

CasCanete

Yes I believe that is Mellissa's Postmark Lenormand. It's very nice, and though the bgs are different colors you can see how they are similar. All light pastels in palette. I'd love to see your decks! Where can I find them?

Village Witch

Have you seen the Melissa Lenormand?

This is one of the more popular modern decks, probably because the backgrounds are not the same, making it easier for larger spread readings (i.e. you don't have to look too hard to find the individual cards).

I personally liked the gradient yellow on the mountain card, but I feel it would just as great with a plain yellow background also. The mountain is stunning and can stand quite well on it's own.

I agree with Melia in that making the backgrounds a little different on each card would help make identification a little easier. Perhaps only a few different colors of perhaps varying degrees of hue. What about color coding the cards by themes?

baylys

WOW!!!!!

I LOVE this deck already. You have talent woman!!!!! I will be watching this thread closely!

You have made a great start and I can't wait to see you finish it.

auntie

I think your work is beautiful! My one suggestion, from experience of watching beautiful artwork ruined in the deck production, is that you decide now whether the deck will be borderless and numbered or not, and if borderless where the number will go. I personally prefer borderless. I would love to see this without numbers, but of course you'll sell many more decks if you number them.

greatdane

I admit I prefre a small number somewhere

I like a small number on the top. Nothing large, just a small number. I prefer borderless or just a small border. If a border takes up a lot of the card it diminishes the art to me. Like a HUGE frame could overwhelm a beautiful small picture. Just my thoughts.

CasCanete

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments and suggestions! My plan for printing was to do it borderless with just the number at either the top or bottom of the card. I understand a lot of people like to see card inserts or titles, but I'd really like to keep the deck as uncluttered as possible.

Here is the Lilies card (I really need to take better photos of these sometime...)

lilies_zpsc210390e.jpg