Well, I just got my Bosch Tarot...

mercuryempress

Yep. I loved it back then when I spoke here about it, and I haven't changed my mind. How about you?

I'm thinking of purchasing this deck...it's calling me badly

rwcarter

I used it for a Dark Deck Truths (DDT) exchange last year and it worked quite well reading the images instead of trying to apply RWS meanings to the cards.

nisaba

Get it, ME, it's worth it. It's what all the other dark decks aspire to be when they grow up: it taps into real levels of darkness in the soul without any teenage Emo drama.

The artwork is inspired by the Mediaeval horrors of the art of Hieronymous Bosch: do yourself a favour, read as much as you can about him and get to look at as many of his paintings as you can before you get the deck, you will understand the deck so much better then.

mercuryempress

I used it for a Dark Deck Truths (DDT) exchange last year and it worked quite well reading the images instead of trying to apply RWS meanings to the cards.

Thanks for the advice I wont even think to go to RWS in my head It will be a great deck to use intuitively

Get it, ME, it's worth it. It's what all the other dark decks aspire to be when they grow up: it taps into real levels of darkness in the soul without any teenage Emo drama.

The artwork is inspired by the Mediaeval horrors of the art of Hieronymous Bosch: do yourself a favour, read as much as you can about him and get to look at as many of his paintings as you can before you get the deck, you will understand the deck so much better then.

I will definitely will Nisba. I know NOTHING about art but yet I'm drawn to artsy decks.
I took an art class in college (wayyyyyy back when lol) and it bored me to tears so I dropped the class
I'm regretting that now.......

rwcarter

ME, you can see the reading I did with the deck here. Much like the Priapo, the Bosch forces me to stretch my tarot muscles in trying to pull an interpretation from the images that fits the positional meaning.

Rodney

Nemia

Colour me enabled. For a change... argh...

Bosch, Breugel and DΓΌrer are on my list of "decks to get". I have high respect for Atanassov who did the Leonardo, Golden Tsar, Golden Visconti, Estensi, Klimt and Botticelli deck (that I own and like), and also the Mantegna and Bosch (that I will have to buy in the future). I think his work for LS is outstanding although he doesn't seem to get the credit some other artists do. Maybe because he steps back behind the artists whose work he adapts for the tarot.

I think that is the ideal sub-collection for me :-D Atanossov and Northern Renaissance/Mannerism painters. Great!

mercuryempress

ME, you can see the reading I did with the deck here. Much like the Priapo, the Bosch forces me to stretch my tarot muscles in trying to pull an interpretation from the images that fits the positional meaning.

Rodney

Thank you I've book marked it so I can go back to it..I love the interpretation of the 9 of wands.

I cant wait to get my grubby little hands on this deck... its sooo unusual and it gives you the opportunity to be free and think for yourself

Padma

I don't think I can do the Bosch, but now I am *deeply* enabled to get the Bruegel. *sigh* I have to stop reading threads like this.

FLizarraga

I don't think I can do the Bosch, but now I am *deeply* enabled to get the Bruegel. *sigh* I have to stop reading threads like this.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

nisaba

<nods> It's a gateway-drug that leads directly to the Bosch. Good work. :)