Oranum issue... (?)

FenestraThought

---I acknowledge and agree that any material recorded or any original work made by me under this agreement (and all rights therein, including, without limitation, author rights to such recorded works and materials) belong to and shall be the sole and exclusive property of WEBSITE OPERATOR.---

Is it just me or does this clause to there agreement see troublesome?
Its under the "6th clause - Image rights and copyright" section....

FT

FenestraThought

..um No.

I read more .... and No, I don't think I can work for these people. I would like to write a book one day, and it will relate to the way I read. I am NOT allowing them the right to come and take my work ...

FT

Chellester

Does that mean anything you do WHILE you are working for them, or anything you write forevermore? Or is it just anything you create and post on Oranum? The language is kinda vauge.

I don't know how an employer can legally take the rights to stuff you write or create unless it is directly related to your employment there, but I'm not a lawyer.

Grizabella

---I acknowledge and agree that any material recorded or any original work made by me under this agreement (and all rights therein, including, without limitation, author rights to such recorded works and materials) belong to and shall be the sole and exclusive property of WEBSITE OPERATOR.---

Is it just me or does this clause to there agreement see troublesome?
Its under the "6th clause - Image rights and copyright" section....

FT

I didn't even read the other posts in this thread. Don't ever sign your rights away like that. This means you don't own your work anymore, they do, and they can do anything they want with it.

Obsydian

I think the big point with this is so they can put you on their live ads on other sites. I figure as well, anything you write in your blog posts there are theirs too, so don't write things that you would like to use on a book.