Animal-Based Oracle Decks?

meeka4monty

Over the weekend I purchased 'The Secret Language of Animals' by Chip Richards (Blue Angel Publishing) with illustrations by Jimmy Manton (I'm quite sure).

I completely disregarded it, didn't consider myself interested in it at all - until I saw it in real life and fell for it. I absolutely love it! Like you, I have quite a few animal oracles already and this one is most welcome in my collection.

The cards pop with vibrant colour, the animals within the deck are different and unique and I strongly connect with the guidebook. I love the way Chip Richards writes! It's worthwhile a good look.

I purchased the World Animal Dreaming Cards and was utterly disappointed with the accompanying book although I do use the cards as decoration now. I also have the Steven Farmer decks which I love. They're strong energies. Hope this helps!

Scarlet Woodland

Over the weekend I purchased 'The Secret Language of Animals' by Chip Richards (Blue Angel Publishing) with illustrations by Jimmy Manton (I'm quite sure).

I completely disregarded it, didn't consider myself interested in it at all - until I saw it in real life and fell for it. I absolutely love it! Like you, I have quite a few animal oracles already and this one is most welcome in my collection.

The cards pop with vibrant colour, the animals within the deck are different and unique and I strongly connect with the guidebook. I love the way Chip Richards writes! It's worthwhile a good look.

I purchased the World Animal Dreaming Cards and was utterly disappointed with the accompanying book although I do use the cards as decoration now. I also have the Steven Farmer decks which I love. They're strong energies. Hope this helps!

I don't know how I missed this deck! (The Secret Language of Animals)

You've certainly enabled me. Thanks for the heads up :D

Mariqueen

Seconding this!! you can't go wrong with a deck illustrated by Jimmy (I live for his decks!!)

meeka4monty

Seconding this!! you can't go wrong with a deck illustrated by Jimmy (I live for his decks!!)

Haha I know! I just purchased the revamp of the Dragonfae and I love it!

&

I don't know how I missed this deck! (The Secret Language of Animals)

You've certainly enabled me. Thanks for the heads up :D

My pleasure <3

Freyja of V

I'm looking for an animal-based oracle deck to work with. I have the Druid Plant and Animal deck and I have Winged Enchantment and Bird Cards and I have a few animal-based Tarot decks as well but I'm looking for something else.

So, any suggestions given all my conditions lol?

I highly recommend "The Messenger Cards" by Sandra Kunz! The booklet that comes with it is excellent IMHO. She did both the artwork for the deck and the text for the LWB, which I always find really helps me to connect with a deck.

I have been looking for another oracle deck to use in conjuction with tarot reading and I was looking for a deck that had the meaning written directly on the front of the cards. I was torn between the Enchanted Map and the Messenger and in another thread someone suggested the Messenger instead. I love animals and that was the one I was leaning towards. I found the artists website and here is link:

http://www.ravynnephelan.com/#!the-oracle/cfvg

You can go there and see them all for yourself before commiting to it. I was warned that the messages are both positive and negative, but I personally would rather that. So in case that is an issue, you know. I am going to get them, just haven't yet. I do have the Animal Spirit Knowledge deck and I do like them and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous, but the meanings are printed on the back of the card, and that I didn't love.

Hope you like whichever one you decide on:thumbsup:
Freyja

Scarlet Woodland

Just got my Secret Language of Animals Oracle in the post and I'm loving it already.

That said... that Golden Orb Spider is freaking me the F out! I was braced to find a spider as soon as I started flipping through the fire cards but was hoping for a nice tarantula or a lil black widow or something. I can deal with the furry ones and the tiny ones but those orb spiders totally give me the heebie jeebies <shudder>.

Going to leave it out in front of me for as long as poss to try and desensitize myself, as I really like the meaning and don't want to wuss out and remove it from the deck. So pathetic that I can't touch a damn illustration. I'm fine with the body but the legs, the legs. Going to give -her- a fun name I think, as that worked for the fat Tegenaria Gigantea (Just a British house spider but the Latin's so much more accurate hehe) that lived in an un-catchable place over my back door. I'm thinking Agatha or Jemima at present :D

Anyway, my personal insanity aside, this looks to be a wonderful deck with a nice, in depth guidebook and a great range of animals. Have only done a few one card draws so far, but its been insightful and really on point. The card backs by the way, are absolutely gorgeous. Cardstock and border wise its standard blue angel fare; pretty much identical to the oracle of mermaids.

PS: Aussies please feel free to google our comparatively tiny British spiders and make fun of my utter feebleness in the face of your monsters ;) :D

2dogs

Do NOT do an image search for Golden Orb Spider :bugeyed:.