Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

2 female significators next to each other in GT?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand


 
Midsummereve's Avatar
Midsummereve  Midsummereve is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2015
Location: Sunny place, USA
Posts: 728
Midsummereve 
Citizen

Midsummereve's Avatar
Question 2 female significators next to each other in GT?


Hello all,

I have done a GT for a family member and got 2 female significators next to each other in the first row. I activated the Dog to represent a friend (female) of his, and his wife is represented by the Woman. To my surprise, the 2 cards sit right next to each other, Dog on Clover and Woman on Ship.

My relative was curious about that friend of his. Why does the Dog card come up next to the Woman card his wife) in the top row? How shall I read that row, as I can't distinguish what happens to his wife from what happens to his friend?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Top   #1
Joon's Avatar
Joon  Joon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Apr 2008
Location: Finger Lakes, NY
Posts: 167
Joon 
Citizen

Joon's Avatar

Because you set the intention that the Dog represent the friend, the card does serve that function. But unlike cards 28 and 29, the Dog card can still function as a modifier to other cards.

For information about your relatives wife, you would of course look to all the card positions that you use for information, including the Dog as it attends her card.

Since the Lady and the Dog are next to one another, there will be overlap in the cards that modify each - this may show similarities between the two women.

You say your relative was curious about this woman. Did he ask a specific question?
Top   #2
Midsummereve's Avatar
Midsummereve  Midsummereve is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2015
Location: Sunny place, USA
Posts: 728
Midsummereve 
Citizen

Midsummereve's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joon View Post
Because you set the intention that the Dog represent the friend, the card does serve that function. But unlike cards 28 and 29, the Dog card can still function as a modifier to other cards.

For information about your relatives wife, you would of course look to all the card positions that you use for information, including the Dog as it attends her card.

Since the Lady and the Dog are next to one another, there will be overlap in the cards that modify each - this may show similarities between the two women.

You say your relative was curious about this woman. Did he ask a specific question?
Thanks for all this!
The question was generic, along the lines of what's in the future for those 2 women... What confuses me is that they both sit on the same line, so what can I say regarding each woman's specific future?
Top   #3
Midsummereve's Avatar
Midsummereve  Midsummereve is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2015
Location: Sunny place, USA
Posts: 728
Midsummereve 
Citizen

Midsummereve's Avatar

Just thinking out loud here: does the fact that the 2 women sit on the same row indicate that their future is linked somehow??
Top   #4
Padma's Avatar
Padma  Padma is offline
Star clad
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,976
Padma 
Star clad

Padma's Avatar

I think it just means they are both on his mind, and important to him.

Where was he situated in the spread?
Top   #5
Midsummereve's Avatar
Midsummereve  Midsummereve is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2015
Location: Sunny place, USA
Posts: 728
Midsummereve 
Citizen

Midsummereve's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
I think it just means they are both on his mind, and important to him.

Where was he situated in the spread?
Hello Padma and thanks for this.

So the first row of my relative's GT starts with: Bear - Dog - Woman - Heart - Key, etc.
The Man card fell on the third row, in direct line down from the Heart card (so that column reads Heart - Fish - Man, etc.). So the Heart card intersects with the Dog and Woman cards.

I had another thought: perhaps the Dog and Woman characters merge into the same line because there is nothing particular to say about the Dog? I'm new at Lenormand so I'm only surmising here... I'm doing GTs for all my friends and family members as a training exercise, but I think I fell into something with this GT (the intersecting cards between the Man and dog are Heart and Snake); the cards at the intersection of the Woman and Man cards are Heart and Anchor...
Top   #6
Padma's Avatar
Padma  Padma is offline
Star clad
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,976
Padma 
Star clad

Padma's Avatar

so Heart and Anchor are a secure love between him and his wife, and Heart and Snake show that he is being tempted to cheat.

The fact that they are above him and beside each other means they are both a lot on his mind.

Be sure that the Dog/Snake does not have good intentions, however. So Dog/Snake to me would immediately indicate false friend, especially with Heart near it - it would be "that woman friend really wants him to cheat - with her!" in fact, Dog being right beside Woman like that may indicate the Dog lady is one who would enjoy...doing... - um - both your relative, and his wife. Together, even.
Top   #7
Midsummereve's Avatar
Midsummereve  Midsummereve is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2015
Location: Sunny place, USA
Posts: 728
Midsummereve 
Citizen

Midsummereve's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
so Heart and Anchor are a secure love between him and his wife, and Heart and Snake show that he is being tempted to cheat.

The fact that they are above him and beside each other means they are both a lot on his mind.

Be sure that the Dog/Snake does not have good intentions, however. So Dog/Snake to me would immediately indicate false friend, especially with Heart near it - it would be "that woman friend really wants him to cheat - with her!" in fact, Dog being right beside Woman like that may indicate the Dog lady is one who would enjoy...doing... - um - both your relative, and his wife. Together, even.
Hehe, the latter part is unlikely here I think My uncle is an older (and conservative) guy. But I now understand why he was interested in that Dog character in his GT.
So now my curiosity is really "piqued".

The first row, the one in which both the Dog and Woman card appear reads:
Bear - Dog - Woman - Heart - Key - Stork - Stars - Sun

... which I read as:
Bear + Dog= a powerful friend/ the friend is a mother
Dog + Woman= the woman is friendly
Woman + Heart= the woman is loving/ in love
Heart + Key= that love is important
Key + Stork = Important changes ahead
Stork + Stars = the changes will be positive
Stars + Sun = everything will go well

But what do I tell my dear uncle about the state of his marriage now?? And what do I tell him about his lady friend? And obviously, I have no idea what those changes can be (unless I follow the chain of houses from the Stork card back to the Stork house?)...
Top   #8
Padma's Avatar
Padma  Padma is offline
Star clad
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,976
Padma 
Star clad

Padma's Avatar

Bear and Dog - the Friend is a bit of a dictator, wants to run the show. Doesn't like to be crossed.

What do you tell your uncle? That the friend is false (Dog/Snake) the wife is true (Woman/Anchor) and the marriage has some positive movement ahead to it (Heart - Key - Stork - Stars - Sun) so, to show his loyalty and faithfulness to his wife.
Top   #9
Midsummereve's Avatar
Midsummereve  Midsummereve is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2015
Location: Sunny place, USA
Posts: 728
Midsummereve 
Citizen

Midsummereve's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Bear and Dog - the Friend is a bit of a dictator, wants to run the show. Doesn't like to be crossed.

What do you tell your uncle? That the friend is false (Dog/Snake) the wife is true (Woman/Anchor) and the marriage has some positive movement ahead to it (Heart - Key - Stork - Stars - Sun) so, to show his loyalty and faithfulness to his wife.
Sounds good to me

So checking a little more into the state of his marriage... Looking at the row where the Ring card sits (at very bottom), I get:

Paths + Book + Ring + Scythe + Clouds + Cross + Tree + Clover

Discovery of a secret relationship, a separation leads to uncertainty and much anxiety, possibly health issues even (Cross + Tree), but followed by a future recovery? (Tree + Clover?)
Scythe is directly below the Man card, so everything from Scythe onwards is looking into the future...
Would you say that's about right?
Top   #10


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.