Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarocchi della Luna announced

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

From past experience there is no solution to cards that warp like this. Putting them under books might lessen it but you can never get them unwarped for the long term.

I often think moving to a different climate, somewhere more humid, thinking that might work to reshape them. Have you thought of moving to the Amazon or Nicaragua?
Top   #141
Linfang  Linfang is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Apr 2013
Location: Middle of Nowhere in Germany
Posts: 605
Linfang 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
Have you thought of moving to the Amazon or Nicaragua?
Thanks, Le Fanu, that is a great advice! Funny, that so often I do not see the most simple solutions, but they have to be pointed out to me I just imagine telling my husband, darling, we have to move to Brazil, my decks start warping...It's tempting.
Top   #142
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar
Unity in Design


Im super impressed with my deck. This is such a joy: the artwork, size, minimal border, cardback design, and the border edge on the face of the cards are color coded, but you would barely notice because this deck is so effortlessly cohesive! Mine do sit a little funny because I bought the combined major/minor pack that I assume were printed at different times, but I feel it adds to the charm of this new old world deck. I don't imagine Meneghello decks lie flat, so it goes with the theme IMO.

Good work!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✌🏻

G6
Top   #143
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
I don't imagine Meneghello decks lie flat, so it goes with the theme IMO.
NOT! I mean yes, they do. Constantly flat. I've been quite fortunate with warping across the years - I sometimes get that diagonal, clunky warp but this one is six types of warped - never had that before. But I do like the deck. Very much so.
Top   #144
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
NOT! I mean yes, they do. Constantly flat. I've been quite fortunate with warping across the years - I sometimes get that diagonal, clunky warp but this one is six types of warped - never had that before. But I do like the deck. Very much so.
Really? Never saw one in person, but all the pictures I've seen online of Meneghello decks the cards/paper look all individual/handmade. They sit in fluffy stacks not at all uniform, quite the opposite.
Top   #145
Astraea's Avatar
Astraea  Astraea is offline
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2003
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 4,111
Astraea 
Senior Citizen

Astraea's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
From past experience there is no solution to cards that warp like this. Putting them under books might lessen it but you can never get them unwarped for the long term.
That is my experience, as well. It's an incurable condition, and almost half of my decks have it. But my Il Meneghellos seem to be immune.
Top   #146
csmith0406's Avatar
csmith0406  csmith0406 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Apr 2016
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 447
csmith0406 
Citizen

csmith0406's Avatar

I can add to the chorus - my Il Meneghello Soprafino lies beautifully. And the Para Blue I have is fine too.

Le Fanu, I think it was your review that convinced me to buy it, actually.
Top   #147
Anise's Avatar
Anise  Anise is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2015
Location: Shearcoil, beneath Fairyland
Posts: 106
Anise 
Citizen

Anise's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfang View Post
Has anyone found a solution for the warping of the cards? Did yours flatten out? I tried everything from shuffling to flatten them under heavy books but they still bend in different directions...
No issues with my Trionfi 78, but I recently did the Umbrae thing to a bent deck, and surprisingly, the cards are still lying flat.
Top   #148
Linfang  Linfang is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Apr 2013
Location: Middle of Nowhere in Germany
Posts: 605
Linfang 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
Im super impressed with my deck. This is such a joy: the artwork, size, minimal border, cardback design, and the border edge on the face of the cards are color coded, but you would barely notice because this deck is so effortlessly cohesive! Mine do sit a little funny because I bought the combined major/minor pack that I assume were printed at different times, but I feel it adds to the charm of this new old world deck. I don't imagine Meneghello decks lie flat, so it goes with the theme IMO.

Good work!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✌��

G6
Yeah, you are right, the artwork and design is beautiful, it is my first TdM I enjoy reading with. I like it so much I got it a Sulis bag, which marks it as a special deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anise View Post
No issues with my Trionfi 78, but I recently did the Umbrae thing to a bent deck, and surprisingly, the cards are still lying flat.
Oh, I'll check this out. And yes, my BBC 3rd has a bend as well. But still, I only have a handful of decks where the warp doesn't disappear after the cards get accustomed to the climate.
Top   #149
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anise View Post
Looks like you can still add it to your cart. It's on the same page as the Trionfi expanded edition, at the bottom.

I love this deck too. It's surreal AND stuffy. I especially love all the different denari! I'm glad that the pretty lost coins from the DM resurfaced here.

I ordered a backup of this deck last week...and noticed today that he has a special, some very cool looking oracle cards with purchase. Loose cards, my weakness. *pores over DM shop yet again*
Where would I find before and after pictures of this Umbrae method? Thanks!
Top   #150


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.