Wayfarer Tarot

aquestionmark

This deck is quite intriguing. The majors are full color and the minors are almost black and white with accents of color which I quite like..

http://www.wayfarertarot.com/

FLizarraga

Aesthetically is a bit all over the place -- I thought for a moment that it was one of those collaboration decks with lots of artists that are not my cup of tea, it sort of lacks a unifying style --, but most of the cards I have seen are all kinds of wonderful. The Star, and Temperance, and those older Lovers, and the aces...

The price is really low, too. So I know what I'm getting on payday... :)

Featherflight

What a different deck....I love the Judgement card being a school hallway with the lockers and the foggy murky cover of the floors. Such a relatable card from all perspectives, whether you were the one being judged or the one doing the judging.

And the death card is fascinating as well. I like the idea of a fragile, temporal dandelion aspect to that. Intriguing...

Alta

I also find it a bit uneven, some of the cards are wonderful, insightful, some are RWS clone cards and some artistically are not at the same level.

Tarotwolf

Yes, at first glance I thought it might also be a deck by two different artists. I really like the simplicity of the minors and the death card sold me on the deck.

daphne

But is sold out?!!

daphne

They did say that they only had a few copies but plan a larger printing later.

Nice, who he gets the knowledge about this, please let us know, I would like to be able to get it in time, I like the concept.

gregory

WELL - I got it (with a MASSIVE customs hit - now that they charge VAT on postage costs, that took me over the limit and was basically all I was charged on :mad:.)

I think the "disunity" is partly that it started out as a majors only, from oil painting by the artist. The majors are fairly consistent. The minors perhaps less so, but each suit holds together, as you might say. In the hand, it looks more consistent than it does on line. And there are some interesting takes. I was startled by the card I assumed on sight was 6 Air - it turned out to be 9 of Water... and three of Air is inspired. (I am very depressed now.)

It does make you think. I like that in a deck :)

The card stock is very good. Square corners. Fine by me,.

Attachments

• 9 water.jpg
    9 water.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 3 Air.jpg
    3 Air.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 199