Mary El Tarot - Queen of Wands

Bat Chicken

http://www.mary-el.com/wands3.html

There is something indulgent and intimidating about the Queen of Wands. The sort of temper that makes me think of Alice in Wonderland and “Off with her head!” I know Alice’s Queen is the Queen of Hearts, but still…. She carries the leopard cub in her ample arms and while there, the wilderness is under her command. Not so much because it is outside of her, but because she IS its mother. She is the cool, collected leopard who hunts with sharp eyes. When the fire is released – and it will be – it will be with fierce control. She is Water of Fire.

cSpaceDiva

The way this Queen of Wands fill the frame shows us she is dominating and powerful, yet she also shows us her gentle and nurturing side by cradling the jaguar cub. She is not one to suffer to fools, but I see her as simply shutting down any nonsense and not letting anything get past her. I don't see her as the type to unleash fury--she has already been through the fire. It still burns within her, making her stronger. She is truly a survivor and serves a paragon for others that they too can pass through the flame, and come through it whole.

I feel like in a reading this could represent someone who is undergoing radiation or some other harsh treatment. They are able to face the uncertain future both realistically and bravely. They don't want to have things sugar-coated.