Jupiter close to earth

bat51

AG,
ooooops... sorry! yes, they're both in Cancer, so given a 7 degree orb the lunar eclipse would have conjuncted my sun and jupiter would have conjuncted both sun & moon. i haven't noticed much effect of it, except my usual monthly good full-moon-feeling (must be all that cancer in my chart :)))
on the other hand, i usually find transits hard to recognize cause i have a lot of aspects in my natal, so i always get a whole bunch of contradictional influences at once; might have missed something there.

btw the compliment was serious, you seem to know an awful lot about astrology :)

jade

*jade rises to a standing round of applause for AG - the roar of the crowds - the chanting "she is amazing, she is amazing, she is amazing"*

AquarianGoddess

Bat,

If you'd like to write me at my email, I'll take a look at your chart.
sassesadee@hotmail.com

Also, regarding the Moon phases, check out www.artcharts.com. The astrologer has a good write-up on phases of the moon that is most educational.

Hey Jade,

I'm taking a bow! Thank you.

jmd

Incidently, this penumbral eclipse (on 30/12) was also for us living in Australia a Blue Moon (the previous full Moon occured on the 1st Dec).

Jupiter will be retrograde until the end of February. Hence this period is one in which this planet is at its closest to the Earth.

As this occurs in Cancer, which is, by the way, 'ruled' by the Moon, and given that it is also (nearly) conjunct with the Moon, one could expect that new depths of emotion and empathetic understanding with regards to the feminine within the home (the 'mothering') could here be achieved. I would view this as a good time, until the new Moon (13/1), to engage in 'Deep & Meaningfuls'.

Jupiter's retrograde motion and proximity should assist this... but it may also lead one to areas where two people are at clear disagreement, with an unwillingness to shift one's views.With regards as to whether the Earth can be considered to be 'in' a sign, I must admit I agree with both views! here's why:

Firstly, from a strict Geocentric perspective, only the observed planets (and here I include the Moon and the Sun, under the original meaning of 'planet' as 'meanderers' given the background stars)... as I was saying, only the observed planets can be 'in' a sign. The Earth is, in that instance, only 'observed' from under our feet...

But, charts can also be cast from a heliocentric perspective. In that case, the Earth is 'in' a sign, but the Sun would only be (conceptually) 'observed' as under our feet...

There is also a third way to cast a chart, which is, at this stage of available ephemerides, quite difficult: this is to place the (again conceptual) point of observation at a location between the Sun and the Earth. Here the Sun and Earth form a lemniscatory dance, and it truly is that both the Sun and the Earth are 'in' opposite signs!