Reading Playing cards in a "Domino" Style

SpiritOfTheDogz

After finding it was possible to use dominos for readings a few days ago, i decided it was something I wanted to find out more about and the first place i searched was AT http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1305982&highlight=domino#post1305982 where I followed the link (the first one) to some meanings for double 12 dominos which got my interest to start with, but with not having any double 12 dominos decided to give it a try using playing cards using the jacks as number 11/s, queens as number 12's and the kings in place of the blanks. It seemed to work out perfectly and I've done quuite a few good readings for myself but have realised "these" meanings aren't ones I like too much and tend to be too spiritual in meaning so I'm putting this idea to one side for a while and I'm using the double 6 domino meanings I have and using them with playing cards.
Here are the meanigs I am now using, using playing cards from aces through to sevens. I am using two packs to start with to see how it goes, giving a total of 56 cards (which although may sound a lot, it would only be in fact 28 dominos as they have two numbers on each)

Card Meanings based on domino double 6’s

7-7 This is the best card in the set, with strong omens for success and happiness in every area of life
7-6 A close friend or maybe a benefactor, but patience and perseverance are also indicated. A kind action will bring you great regard
7-5 All the signs point to quarrel, or maybe even a lawsuit, with an unsuccessful outcome
7-4 You are going to travel, or a journey will affect your life. A holiday will be happy and a journey may bring a gift
7-3 Very good luck is coming your way, and your circumstances may be improved, but this tile is only lucky for the honest
7-2 There will be an end to your problems. A good friend could be involved in this. A wedding is foretold
7-1 Be careful of false friends or a deceitful person. You could suffer some unhappiness because of gossip
6-6 A strong omen for change and the change will bring success. You might move to a new place where you will be happy, or make money from a new idea
6-5 Profits and good fortune in material terms, possibly unexpected, but don’t take any chances as it’s not a good time for investments
6-4 A calm and well adjusted atmosphere here; you will get some good news or helpful advice from a visitor of from your boss
6-3 A true friend will have an influence on your life, maybe because of his patience and tolerance. This is also an omen for birth
6-2 A love affair, or an interesting meeting with a new friend is in store. Things may not end happily for those in love.
6-1 There will be some sadness; you may have to give comfort to a friend in trouble, but you need caution, so think carefully about what you say
5-5 Happiness, fun, relaxation and celebration are the signs in this card. There maybe a party in a big building
5-4 You might have expected some problems or disappointments, but instead you will find happiness and success
5-3 A change of some sort, but not a happy one; setbacks, losses or maybe even a robbery. Some one you know is deceitful so be careful
5-2 This card is the sign that there will be some financial problems ahead so be sure you pay any outstanding debts
5-1 Some news will not be favourable; you may be disappointed in a love affair or something you want could be postponed. Try to reconcile a quarrel
4-4 This card predicts obstacles in your emotional life; jealousy or distress, but money is well favoured
4-3 Some pleasant changes may be coming, but you need to be cautious just now, especially in financial matters
4-2 The answer to the question in your mind is “NO”. Some Surprising news might be useful but beware of unhappiness caused by outsiders
4-1 This card is not a good omen, and you could experience unexpected problems both at home and at work
3-3 You will get what you want, as this is a good card. Business success and personal happiness are predicted, but enemies might try and spoil it for you
3-2 Financial problems and maybe a loss of money or property are indicated, but this card is good for social life and old friends
3-1 This is a good omen for travel and meeting new friends, but something is worrying you and someone could cause difficulties for you
2-2 Harmony and affection are predicted, and a stranger could be involved. You have an important decision to make so don’t put it off
2-1 A stranger or outsider will bring some interesting news that could mean a financial gain, but don’t be too trusting
1-1 This is the blackest card in the set, and it carries the worst omens. The double one will have a negative effect on all your activities

How i read them is like this:

I lay out six cards (two rows of three)

4D***1S***6S
7H***6D***5C

(D=Diamonds,S=Spades,H=Heats, C=Clubs)

from this you will read every set of two cards

4D+1S
4D+7H
4D+6D
1S+6S
1S+6D
1S+5C
1S+7H
6S+6D
6S+5C
5C+6D
6D+7H

From that you will see that there are two combinations with 6's and 5's and two with 1's and 6's making those key parts to the reading.

Paul

Aristede

Hi SpiritOfTheDogz,

I dug up the old meanings that I used to use when I read dominoes years ago, and they're pretty similar to what you have listed here. I tried a mini reading for myself using three groups of pairs.

I found that if I read the pairs vertically only the reading was right on target, but when I expanded across and diagonally as you've illustrated above, I got some contradictory information. I'm going to play with it some more because I really think you've discovered a system that works. My mini reading was surprisingly accurate. :D

Aristede