The Flame

Belatrix

One more thought

Here is one detail written by Gemini Rising,that tells us something about his brother,and eventually about combust Sun and Pluto:
«His ostentatiousness about his mental disabilities leads to a breakdown every few years, always causing some form of distress throughout my family, always leading to debt, frustration, etc. It's caused tons of tension between my parents.»
Well,this situation might refer to complete condition of his brother chart,but it might has to do something with aspects to Sun-and Pluto is very close to Sun.Gemini rising mentiones frustrations,and such kind of surely unpleasant things that happen every few years in the familly,cause by actions of his brother.
Dave,could we focus this combustion problem here?I mean,not primarly with the example I mentioned here,but in general.You`ve said-Pluto when being combust,becomes invisible,then Pluto dissapears from charts then(I guess perticulary from a house where placed),then if Pluto combusted it negates his influence...What all these thoughts can tell us?That they are some frustrations in expressing things when we have this situation.Or that there is some unpleleasnt and unnatural way of expression that is present here.Some uncomfortability,when Pluto is burnt.Some negative mutation of energy.
What am I pointing at here?To find out if when closely combust,Pluto mutates,and when so wounded,becmomes even more specific,eventually unpredictable and generaly diferent.

dadsnook2000

For Belatrix

Hi. No, I didn't say (or mean to say) that a Sun-combust-Pluto means that Pluto disappears from the chart. That statement was a hypothesis, one possiblity that we had to consider. I had no sample charts to examine relative to a person I knew. We had to consider that 1) that the combust planet was very much intensified by the Sun and became powerfully expressive, or 2) that the combust planet disappeared and was not effectively present in terms of behavior. A third possiblity, of course, is that it could work both ways, varying from one person to the next -- not a helpful thought.

That is why I asked for examples if anyone had them. From the charts we have discussed so far it looks like the presented concept of "combust" planets does not apply to the outer planets, that they are very much made effective.

Does that clear it all up for you? Dave

Voron

dadsnook2000 said:
Now, using Pluto, if Pluto is 8 degrees from the Sun I interprete it as being a conjunction signifying an intesnification of will, of focus, of effort, along with concerns relating to Pluto (death, procreation, rebirth, irreversible change) as well as bringing in the Sun's complex meanings (based on house and aspects). I can't recall any famous people, for whom I have charts, who have Pluto conjunct the Sun within a degree or so. That would be the kind of example, for Pluto-Neptune-Uranus-Saturn-Jupiter-Mars, that would be interesting to explore. WOULD THEY EXHIBIT THAT PLANET'S BEHAVIOR, LOSE IT, OR AMPLIFY IT? Perhaps list members can relate some examples for us. Dave

I'll bite here: I have Pluto 7.5 degrees from my Sun, though it is out-of-quality, being in Libra, not Virgo. I am however, a highly intense, Scorpionic, in demeanor, dress, interests, even taste of music. There is some redundancy in my chart, given that I am a Scorpio Rising and 8th house Moon.
When I was younger I was an overacheiver (valedictorian, eagle scout, etc.), though one could say I burnt out. My brother died when I was 8.

Pluto is strongly wired into my chart, making aspects with just about everything. It is exactly square my Saturn and nodes.

Anyway, I have two friends who have Scorpio combust the Sun -- one about 7.5 degrees in Libra, and another almost exactly conjunct (in Scorpio).

From my experience, I would say that the
The first is the Black Man for a 100-yr old coven in Pennsylvania, and has had a near-death experience. He has a stronger drive, discipline and determination in his spiritual practices than anyone I've ever met. He is a Scorpio Rising, too. His does have a Capricorn Moon.

The second is in the goth subculture, and aspires to be a Suicide Girl (alternative pinup model) and is into S&M. Of course, being a Scorpio, it's hard to tell where one energy ends, and the other begins.

I realize this isn't a lot of data to go on, but my general impression is that I haven't seen any lessening of energy.