Can you suggest a new deck for me?

La Force

Wow, thanks everyone, some really good ideas, I understand that choosing cards is very personal and that even if I like the look of them, I might not feel a connection to them. Thanks KristinCali, that list IS amazing! I can see myself spending a few hours having a good read through! At a glance though, the Victorian Romantic collection looks very appealing.

La Force, it is the Barbara Moore deck that I have. I love the depth to the images, they really seem to tell a story that doesn't need to be memorised. You can just look at the card and immediately understand what it's telling you.

Thanks for all your help everyone, I think I'd better get shopping! :)

Thanks, I felt it had to do with the imagery, that style of imagery will be hard too match, Alley did a fabulous job creating those images for Barbara. Thats what your connecting with, this is very important when shopping for new decks.

So here are some suggests, I have based on simuliar style art work.

Legacy of devine by Ciro M.
Tarot of dreams/Dreams Tarot by Ciro M.
Hidden Realm Tarot by Barbara Moore

This deck is a 50% RWS and 50%Thothy
Tarot of Vampyres Ian Danial

Hope this at least will get you on track with a new deck, with art work of same value

nisaba

La Force, it is the Barbara Moore deck that I have. I love the depth to the images, they really seem to tell a story that doesn't need to be memorised. You can just look at the card and immediately understand what it's telling you.

You might like any of the decks by the Magic Realist Press.

Briar Rose

I like to chose decks based on what I am interested in learning.

I just bought the Fairy Lights. Each card has a pair. It makes one complete picture and tells a story. I also trimmed off the sides of the borders, and posted some pictures. I didn't think I would get the story at first because I was in awe of the art work. It's amazing to me. But I wrote out a sentence for the pair. Then I looked it up- and I got it right. I am going through each pair and writing a sentence out. That is 78 divided by 2= 39 cards. I haven't shuffled the deck yet.

Then I ordered the Sidhe, or rather Tarot of Sidhe (it comes with it's own book), and then ordered the book of the Sidhe (a book about the Sidhe faery's by her husband) to understand the Fae.

Amd now I am hooked and ordered Fairy's Secret Forest- same artist as Fairy Lights- but this deck has earthy tones, and then the backs are the same art- but in black and white. So kewl! I had to have it.

I hope someone is attacted to the fairy kingdom. It's another realm and takes lots of practice. I am a newbie in the field. So far, I love the feeling I get. I feel a connection.

I hope you find your connection to another deck. It can be explosive.

Kayleigh101

Thanks everyone, your suggestions have all been very helpful. I really like the two decks that you posted, Ama. Especially the Llewellyn tarot, it is beautiful! I also like the look of the Anna K tarot. I think I will struggle to choose just one deck to expand my collection, at this rate I'll be buying at least three to begin with!

Kayleigh101

Just thought I'd post a quick update. After reading all of your advice and taking time to consider things, I finally purchased the Golden Tarot by Kat Black. I saw it online and fell in love straight away. I absolutely ADORE the images which are based on art from the renaissance period. The golden edges also make the cards feel strong and sacred. I feel such a deep connection to this deck that I can't even describe it! Thank you all for your help! :)

FLizarraga

You got one amazing Tarot there!

I have the same problem with photos that you have, and in fact just traded away a perfectly good deck because I couldn't bear the faces. Ugh!

I think you'll be more than fine with the Golden, and some (or all) of the other decks suggested here, but ---if I may enable you just a bit more -- have you seen the Dreaming Way Tarot? It's very RWS, as the Golden is, too, but it does its thing very differently. It's very unassuming and playful, but I find it very, very good, and so do a lot of people whose opinion I respect here.

Just thought I'd post a quick update. After reading all of your advice and taking time to consider things, I finally purchased the Golden Tarot by Kat Black. I saw it online and fell in love straight away. I absolutely ADORE the images which are based on art from the renaissance period. The golden edges also make the cards feel strong and sacred. I feel such a deep connection to this deck that I can't even describe it! Thank you all for your help! :)

Kayleigh101

Oh wow, I've just had a quick look on google, and it looks like a really nice deck!! I love the 2 of swords, very nice! I think that the dreaming way tarot may have to be my next investment, I've never heard of it before, but it looks exactly like what I'm looking for.

I know what you mean about faces, it really puts me off the meaning of the card! Thank you for your suggestion, FLizarraga!