More info on this deck?

Le Fanu

I've just picked up this deck on ebay and wondered if anyone had any further information.

It looks like an Alchemical first edition knock-off, but what language is that?

Anyone have a copy and can tell me a bit more, cardstock etc? Photo very hazy but are those titles in English?

Attachments

• Alchemicalknockoff.jpg
    Alchemicalknockoff.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 164

nisaba

<squints> What language is that on the packaging?

(and I thought you were trying to lose weight?)

greatdane

Alchemical tarot in Turkish

Does that help? Or in Latvian or Finnish, I think it's just the Tarot of Simya, but I would go with the Turkish translation, I think.

Le Fanu

Turkish? Gosh. Thanks GD

And yes I was losing a bit of excess deck baggage, nisaba, but it was Llewellyn & fairy stuff. A curio like this I just couldn't resist.

greatdane

I do hope you post a few pix when you get it Le F!

Looks amazing. Tarotu is tarot in Turkish, Latvian and Finnish, but Simya is alchemical in Turkish, while in Latvian and Finnish it is just Simya, so since it looks like the alchemical, I would think it's Turkish. I hope you let us know and I hope it arrives soon :). NIIIICE FIND, Le F!

Kissa

Definitely NOT Finnish. I'd go for Turkish.

Debra

Someone should write to Robert Place and let him know, in case it's unauthorized.

Le Fanu

I'll drop him a line.

greatdane

I couldn't see pix well enough

To see how much it looked like Place's. You're right, Kissa. Turkish does seem the more logical. All I could see clearly was the Simya and the tarotu, and I believe in a few languages, tarot is tarotu? So just based on that alone, it is difficult. But in Turkish, Simya I think is Alchemical, so that would be a strange coincidence to NOT have it be Turkish. What a mystery though? I can't WAIT for you to get this deck and read your thoughts about it, Le Fanu.