Golden Klimt Tarot - how much gold in it?

voodooeyez

Hi,
Sorry if I am in a wrong forum to ask this, but I could not find anything more appropriate.
I read a lot about Golden Klimt Tarot and I liked this deck and the images were appealing to me. I decided to buy it. When the deck came I was really happy until I opened it. Everything was OK, but the paper and colors were just plain. I read reviews and they said that there is golden "touches" on cards - like on the dresses or background. Here and there some little gold brush strokes or something which makes the cards looking really like "Golden Klimt Tarot". Have I misunderstood description or is my deck "fake"? The outer box IS golden - the dresses and ornaments on the cover are filled with golden shiny elements. But the cards - not even one dot of gold.
Is it how it is? Or I got the wrong copy?
Thank you for your input - I am not sure If i should look for another, "real" deck..
Era

PathWalker

Good morning voodooeyez. Nice to meet you.

The Klimt cards should have the same shiny gold print on them that the outer box has. The line that edges/frames the actual illustration, the four four blocks near the corners of the frame, and the numerals at the top of the cards, as well as within the illustrations themselves.

Take the Ace of Cups for example - all the pillar or wall against which the figures are leaning is patterned with the gold print.

If your has none then I assume it is a mis-print? Either take it back to the place you bought it, or I would conact Lo Scarabeo directly by email. They are most helpful.

Good luck.

ps. don't through the faulty deck away, if you get e replacement. Someone here might WANT a totally misprinted Klimt :) Honestly :)

nisaba

ps. don't through the faulty deck away, if you get e replacement. Someone here might WANT a totally misprinted Klimt :) Honestly :)

Yes! One-offs are unique and desirable!

MASA_September

Hello
If its card size is 6cm×11cm. It may be the Spanish version.
And the Spanish version have no gilding。