Babylonian Tarot - Sandra Tabatha Cicero

La Force

Oh what an exciting day for me, my ex bought me the Babylonian Tarot, not only is this deck based on the sumerians, which I am studied in and love this civilization, history etc. But it by senior adept of the GD, yeah I'm not so kean on Waite deck, however this deck is sumerian, so I can live with it. :)

I havent yet taken the cards out of the celiphane, and I havent yet read the book, thats my plan for tonight. :)

Anyone have this deck?
What are your thoughts on it?

I am interested on hearing.

rwcarter

I almost used this deck for an Intensive Deck Study (IDS) a few years ago. But in the interview process it told me it was going to make me work harder than I was ready to at the time. The cards riffle and bridge like a dream. It's definitely still on my list of decks to study one of these days.

nisaba

I'm getting tempted all over again. But I have too many new-to-me decks I have to spend time with.

riffle and bridge

<silently makes note not to lend decks to RWC>

agviz

Just ordered this thanks to your thread! I'll share my thoughts when it comes in.

jema

I got it!
And now I got all inspired to use it as the next deck of the week.
I too studied ancient history and love the myths and legends and the ziggurats of the Sumerians.

La Force

I actually really that it is an 83 card deck, 78 traditional cards ( which follows GD magical Tarot)

Extra cards: Genesis ( Major Arcana) and 4 additional court cards (Element of Spirit), this reminds of the (Cary-Yale Visconti) which has additional knights and Pages. I think this is so awesome.

The Pip cards (Minor Arcana) especially in the Arrows (Swords) and Wands, look Thothy, not only that you have Thothy (Keywords) on the bottom of the pip cards like on the Thoth deck, but some of the keywords are different. 2 of Wands Dominion, 3 of Wands Achievement, 4 of Wands Reward, 6 of cups pleasure, 7 of cups Seduction.

I am also enjoying the book, Sandra did a great job. Also Sandra has this book The essential Golden Dawn.

La Force

Cards that have a different imagery than what is the standard.

Major Arcana

Justice - Nanshe
The Hanged man - Tammuz
Temperance - The Tree of Life
The Devil - Lamastu
The Moon - Sin (Mountains, and Lions)
Judgment - Etana & the Eagle (this has a sumerian tablet symbol/scene, which is the anti-gravity using sound)

Minor Arcana

2 of Disks (Alien sumerian statues)
9 of Arrows ( Lion biting into a tire)
8 of Arrows (Man climbing a hill with a boulder strapped over his back)

And many other cool cards