Audition Spread

Rogan

Being an actor - Im faced with auditions all the time (wow... that sounds like the opening line of a tv ad or something...)

I have a big audition tomorrow - And created a spread to check out my possibilities. It requires the major arcana of the deck only.

1**2**3
***4***

1 - How the singing componant of the audition will possibly go...
2 - How the dance componant of the audition will possisbly go...
3 - How the acting componant of the audition will possibly go...
4 - Overall outcome of the audition.

So there ya go - We'll see how it goes once I get back tomorrow with the result...

Rogan.

little_redfox

Cool spread Rogan! - good luck on your audition tomorrow, or 'break a leg' should i say :)

LRF x

Alissa

Neat spread! I audition and perform also... why not add a card for "callbacks"? ;) Give you something to focus on, should you make it to the final cut....

firemaiden

Hi Rogan, I audition all the time too.

Just a bit of unsolicited advice, which sort of negates your spread... the best thing you can do before an audition, is not wonder how it will go, but TELL the universe how it will go. It will go exactly how you decide it shall go. Pick out the cards you want, and make them support your audition.

Asking "how is it going to go?" is fatal. You must not leave any wiggle room to chance. You decide how it is going to go, before hand, and it will go that way. In performing, and in auditioning more than in any other part of life, you get what you think. So you have to prepare your thoughts, train yourself not to entertain doubts. How do you want it to go?

Rogan

Thanks for the advice, firemaiden = But Ive been in the industry for a while now... I know exactly how to handle it...

And as for my last audition - I nailed it, and had the panel in tears! SCORE!

Rogan.

firemaiden

I figured you did! So did asking the tarot help you?

Rogan

Perhaps it gave me a few tips on what to be wary of - But it was a great turn-out for the reading anyway. I also threw the cards for a friend, and we discovered something that perhaps she'd need watch out and focus on - She did, and also aced her audition.

Rogan.

Lasiren

Wow, this is a great idea!
I am a classical singer, so I was intrigued by this post right away.
I do agree with Firemaiden, though, that it's also good to dictate to the universe how you want things to go. In turn, I like your idea of using the spread to discover things you ought to focus on.

Rogan

Just heard from the director then... Got the role - Im playing Mike in A Chorus Line here in South Australia...

Lasiren

*applauds*
Good for you, Rogan!
I'm unfamiliar with A Chorus Line, but I'm sure it will be fun for you.
Break a leg!

What level of companies do you usually perform with/ what roles have you done?

Inquiring singers want to know!