Your Animal Totem

silverwings94

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a spread to find out what your animal totem is?
Does any one know of one? What animal deck tarot or oracle would be best.
Thanks,
Kat

TomTom

You might want to look here:
foxloft.com/store/tagua/pentant.

I am a chipmunk :D.

TomTom

Oddity

Hi Kat,

I think there are better ways to find your animal totem than a spread.
For example, there are thousands of species of animals on this Earth. What if your totem is not bear, wolf, deer, but something much less common? Then a pre-made deck of cards will be of no use to you at all in helping you find your totem, simply because - if it is not present among the cards, it has no chance to show itself that way.

You could make a deck of your own, perhaps, with animals you feel are significant for you. One of them might be your totem. And then make up a spread that will help you.

With these things, it's really something you have to feel, you have to find your way to the totem yourself. It's a connection that is either there or not.

Best of luck,
/O.

nisaba

silverwings94 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a spread to find out what your animal totem is?
Does any one know of one? What animal deck tarot or oracle would be best.
Thanks,
Kat

A deck that I sometimes make ujse of to finish off a reading is the Australian Animals Wisdom. the book that accompanies it has instructions for finding your totem animal (sugar glider, and yes, I have *huge* issues with trust) and your companion animal (cockatoo, and yes I am gregarious but have only a select number of intimate friends).

However, it is my experience in life that at different stages, when you are doing different work and have (or need) different energy, different animals accompany you. Now, it's all about wombats. In the past for years it was Australian native ravens - I can still fill the sky with them if I go outside and call. I had a blue-tongue lizard period between the two that lasted some year - and wild blue-tongues kept coming into the hose and becoming companion-animals, even riding draped around my neck and shoulders or in my pockets peeping out.

Look at what animals accompany you (or infest your house) at different times in your life without your consciously buying or adopting them, what animals connect with you and have significance for you. I swear my daughter's totems include the cockroach!

silverwings94

Nisaba,

About 4 years ago we had a tree frog come into our home unexpected. At the time my oldest daughter worked at a local floral shop and the tree frog was in a box of fresh plants that came up from Florida in a regridgerated truck. One of the girls took him home but by Monday he was living here wwith us. He passed away this past fall. Other than that no animals have just come into the house so to speak.I love lots of animals so its really hard to figure out.
Thanks for the advice. I will be looking for signs of anything that may come into our home or that may connect with me.
Kat

Look at what animals accompany you (or infest your house) at different times in your life without your consciously buying or adopting them, what animals connect with you and have significance for you. I swear my daughter's totems include the cockroach!

bluecaffeine

Music can help to find your TotemAnimal, i.e. CelticDrums, Indian Instrumentals