The Stockholm Octavo

MikeTheAltarboy

I don't think the Octavo itself was meant to be historic. Mrs. Sparrow comments that she uses (or at least started with) the Eteilla method for ordinary querents, but she only uses the Octavo for people who get her visions, and she claims to have sort of “received” it from beyond. :D

Rhinemaiden

My book finally arrived today (media mail takes awhile)... cover shows the cards in color... will start reading tonight. :D

Cerulean

On the Stockholm Octavo spread and 'golden connections'

I agree!

I think it is fascinating that the author wove some historic names and a somewhat original take--well, other historic authors have done this to give a period flavor to their fantasy novels--but I do enjoy such good reads to include the pleasure and plus of cards and characters. It will not be the first time that a good read has a fictional spread that 'illustrates/maps' the storyline, but I just like glimpses of history in my good reads...by the way, I generally cheerfully ignore 99 percent of all fiction nowadays. My own fictions can put me to sleep nicely.

The timing of the Stockholm Octavo falling at my feet on vacation was perfect, so I am enjoying it as a keepsake from a fun family visit. Also, nice to see a thread had been started with nice recommendations and a pretty, affordable deck to tie in. My old Jost Ammon reprint by Il Meneghello is nice to look at, but the affordable color reprint will be fun to play with all the more...if I remember to follow up and order the Octavo handbook in January...or just work up a version of the spread from the book.

Cerulean

I don't think the Octavo itself was meant to be historic. Mrs. Sparrow comments that she uses (or at least started with) the Eteilla method for ordinary querents, but she only uses the Octavo for people who get her visions, and she claims to have sort of “received” it from beyond. :D

jema

Just had to order this one for myself for x-mas.
Not sure about the deck yet, will just read the novel first, it looks promising and some of my friends on goodreads gave it raving reviews.

gregory

Just arrived. I shall start the book tonight. Sadly the CARDS haven't made it yet.

Cerulean

My color cards came.. reading through soread again

The golden connection of eight characters .

I like the idea and want to adopt for my own .

Octavo readings soon....am eager to see the Janary little reading handbook...

tarotbear

I have the book & the deck - and have no time to start reading it! :bugeyed:

starlightexp

I'm reading it as I write and I'm finding it just a charming read. I ordered the deck and NOW have to order the book set coming out ... :)

gregory

What book set ? (I now have the deck too, but no time to read...)