Retrospective Charts

Rosanne

A question for those in the know.

If you know the birth date and years of two people, and also know the date of their wedding and the year.....is it possible to do a retrospective chart of their marriage?

Thank you, if you can help with an answer.

~Rosanne

214red

you talking about horary astrology ?

Minderwiz

No, you need the time and place as well. A wedding is an event and to do an event chart you need the full data.

With the data you have you can do transit charts for both parties. You can also look at their solar return charts for the year and progress them to the relevant date. You can even do a combined chart for both of them and compare the transits for the wedding date (not a technique I particularly favour but many do). There are quite a few other things you can try but you need to think carefully or you could end up creating charts just for the sake of it and having a mass of charts and data to try and analyse.

Rosanne

I know time and Place.

It was just a question a friend asked me during a reading about veracity of Divination, in regards to astrology versus versus Tarot. I said that I had always thought Astrology was far more predictive than Tarot- but maybe Tarot was more consultative but but less definitive......

It was then suggested that could be proved if her wedding chart was done.
I did not know if it could be.

Thanks for your answers

~Rosanne

Bernice

Minderwiz: You can even do a combined chart for both of them and compare the transits for the wedding date (not a technique I particularly favour but many do).
Yes, a Composite chart. It can be any combination of Bride, Groom & Wedding date. i.e. More than two 'combinations' - even a whole family! If you've got their birth data.

I once tried these charts - interesting.

However, if you have the charts for all persons/events, they can be compared.

Bee :)

Minderwiz

Composite charts can be interesting. To use them properly it's necessary to have birth data for both parties and to have analysed their charts before moving on to the composite. The argument is that the composite gives an insight into the marriage (the pair as a unit).

Personally, I find it easier to work from an event chart for the marriage (in conjunction with the birth data for the couple) but that requires knowledge of the marriage time, place and date. A composite chart does not require as much information.

It's a personal preference but I would also fall back onto a composite if I thought it would add more information.