Saturn in Libra happy?

poivre

Need help or direction to get started in understanding,
then I'll be able to connect with other questions of this sort.

Why is Saturn happy in Libra when it rules Capricorn?

I'm trying to study but do things a$$ backwards! :D

Thanks!
:)

Minderwiz

Because it's exalted in Libra AND it rules the Air Triplicity by Day, so if you were born in daylight hours with Saturn in Libra it is highly dignified in your chart, more dignified even than Venus in Libra.

Please also remember that Saturn rules the Air sign of Aquarius, not just Capricorn.

poivre

This will get me started! :D

Thanks again
:)

FaireMaiden

Also because of the fact that Venus rules Libra, and so softens the usual Saturnian trepidations.

As well, because Saturn is the karmic planet and requires of us utter integrity in our dealings, by being in Libra, whatever befalls one karmically will not register as devastating, as a complete breakdown. Venus' Rulership will soften the blow and, tho one may be disappointed, one will be able to 'get over' such disappointments, and look upon events in a more 'wholistic', rather than 'personal', light. 'Saturn in Libra' wants to find 'peace' with it all.

AmethystEyes

Not to turn things around, but what's with the different opinions on the ruling of Aquarius and Uranus/Saturn. Since the description of Uranus is clearly much more like Aqua than Saturn is. That have to do with the Modern astrology?

FaireMaiden

DevilishAngel said:
Not to turn things around, but what's with the different opinions on the ruling of Aquarius and Uranus/Saturn. Since the description of Uranus is clearly much more like Aqua than Saturn is. That have to do with the Modern astrology?
Yes, that's the modern take since Uranus wasn't discovered until 1800-something.

The olde astrology only used seven bodies to rule the Signs. The lights ruling one each; the planets ruling two:

Mercury: Gemini/Virgo
Venus: Taurus/Libra
Mars: Aries/Scorpio
Jupiter: Sagittarius/Pisces
Saturn: Capricorn/Aquarius
Sun: Leo
Moon: Cancer

Of course, now that the outer planets have been discovered, we have to add them to the mix. But their energies are very new to our own energy-bodies, so most people cannot integrate the rays properly yet; hence, why it's important to keep using the olde way, while transitioning into the new.

Mostly, I use a forumula of 75% original ruling body, with 25% energy of the outer body. It's kinda like Decanates for me. I'm not anywhere near the point where I will assign 100% of the outer bodies to a rulership.

AmethystEyes

FaireMaiden said:
But their energies are very new to our own energy-bodies, so most people cannot integrate the rays properly yet; hence, why it's important to keep using the olde way, while transitioning into the new.
Why are the energies new? Wouldn't they only be new if those planets were just created or came into existence? Even though we didn't know about them they were still impacting us, no?

FaireMaiden

DevilishAngel said:
Why are the energies new? Wouldn't they only be new if those planets were just created or came into existence? Even though we didn't know about them they were still impacting us, no?
I didn't say the energies were new... I said they were new to our energy-bodies.

The energies, themselves, are as olde as the beginning of time, (okay, well, our solar system then, *lol*)... it's 'us' who are new as earthlings. As such, our energy bodies were not evolved enough to handle the high-frequency vibrations of the outer planets until such time as they were discovered.

Now that they have been discovered, it is a 'sign', if you will, that we have evolved enough to begin receiving those vibrations and integrating them, (when the student is ready the teacher appears). But we are far more with one foot in the past, than we are with one foot in the future, (the Aquarian Age).