Difference in Salamanders? Page/Knight/King of Wands

PAMUYA

Dose anyone know the meaning of why the salamanders on the Page's clothing are every which way, Salamanders on the Knight's clothing are almost in a circle, and on the Kings clothing and throne the salamanders are in a complete circle with their tails in their mouths. It is a progression, but not sure what to make of it.

PAMUYA

Came across an answer for my own question in "Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom" by Rachel Pollack

King:
Quote: "...the salamander was a favourite symbol of the alchemists...Notice that the salamander on his robe are shown with their tails in their mouths, The closed circle means maturity and completion..."

Knight:
Quote: "...Notice that on his shirt the salamaners' tails do not touch their mouths, symbolizing incomplete action, unformed plans. In contrast to the King, the Knight has only begun his adventures."

Page: There was nothing said about the Page's salamanders, but I take them as a immature form of the Knights' salamanders.

**not a big surprise, but glad I found an answer... ;)

Summersnowflake

I also like the salamander next to the king, looking up at him. I guess this is the King's companion, like the Queen has her cat and the Fool has his dog. We all have our spirit to keep us company and question us from time to time.

Psiweapon

I don't know around you, but at least in my environment the salamander iconography has caught on... let me explain.

There are a LOT of people who like the "lizard" decorative motif (me amongst them), and additionally I've found it's quite usual to give something with a "lizard" in it as a present. My second ex bought me a t-shirt with a lizard quite similar to the ones in the knight, I also have a lizard made out of beads hanging from a thread braid in my hair (made by a friend of mine, who taught me how to make them and we exchanged lizards) I made a lizard pendant out of leather and electronic resistors (pic here:http://psiweapon.deviantart.com/art/Ciber-Lizard-size-comparison-77443969) as a birthday present for ANOTHER friend (who also made some time ago for herself a very cool leather wristband with an embroidered lizard and recently bought a ring with a lizard on it, she's an XBOX HUEG lizard fetishist).

I can't recall any more instances off the top of my head, but somehow, little lizards have stuck as contemporary folk iconography, and with quite a presence to boot... and I think that's because they're not just lizards, they're *salamanders*. It may sound far fetched, but I think that people somehow know or feel that salamanders are a symbol of something, and decorate themselves with them as a way to empower themselves - decorating yourself is always a gesture of self-empowerment.

Funny enough since most of people hasn't ever heard of the symbolism of salamanders, even I liked them way before noticing them in the tarot cards, when I realized they were there I went "WTF these cards are chock full of lizard-thingies!"

Wouldn't this mean that a lot of people are unconsciously tapping "salamander power" salamander symbology? I have yet to find someone who DOESN'T like the "lizard" decorative motif!