New Lenormand Deck with an Old Look

seven stars

They said I should post this in the Lenormand section, so hopefully I'm in the right spot....

I just finished editing & remastering a vintage German Lenormand deck from the 1800's. I made it both with and without borders, and put vintage German playing card inserts. It's sized right now for Poker size but I could do mini's as well.

I have 8 backs to choose from, unless you would rather have something from the Tarot collection of backs. For a small fee I can personalize them for you or use your graphics (photo or whatever) for the backs or make some additional face cards.

I'm going to put them on Etsy for $27 but for AT people who PM me I'll give you a better deal for $20.

What do you think? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? People have been asking me for Lenormand for a while now so I hope someone out there is interested in this! =)))

Attachments

• Before and After Fox.jpg
    Before and After Fox.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 609
  • Altenburger Spielkarten & Co 1892-1931 Remastered.jpg
    Altenburger Spielkarten & Co 1892-1931 Remastered.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 563
  • Vintage Altenburger Lenormand borderless.jpg
    Vintage Altenburger Lenormand borderless.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 449
  • Vintage Altenburger Lenormand by Seven Stars.jpg
    Vintage Altenburger Lenormand by Seven Stars.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 436
  • Card Back Choices.jpg
    Card Back Choices.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 405

DownUnderNZer

Really really like the borderless ones or idea although not too sure about the antique or vintage look. As for the backs...like the idea of allowing members to use their own if they want for a small fee.

Where would they be sent from? :)

Le Fanu

Massive thumbs up. Are they ready for purchase?

I shall want two - with borders - and that gorgeous back "D". I love the green, mossy tone the whole deck has.

Fanastic! Can we order NOW?

Lee

I'm going to order a borderless one. I do think the borders make it look more authentic, but the borderless really pulls you into the picture. I like cardback C.

I do believe these are the same designs that are on LS's Lenormand Oracle deck. On that deck there are no inserts. I usually prefer insert-less decks, but I actually prefer seven stars's deck because of the inserts (as well as her artful modifications, of course). The Lenormand Oracle deck always drove me nuts because to me it seemed clear from the composition of the pictures that this was the artwork from before the inserts had been placed, and so there is an empty space in the pictures where the inserts were meant to go, thus providing an unbalanced composition.

Looking forward to this -- great job, seven stars, as always!

ETA: I should add that although the two decks use the same designs, they are very different decks. The LS deck has a very summer-afternoon-on-the-country-estate feel, while seven stars's deck has a rougher, darker --and to me, more interesting -- feel.

Lee

I have a question about the sizes. I notice that the Bridge and Poker sizes are the same height but different widths. Does that mean one of them was, so to speak, stretched or flattened? If so, I'd probably prefer to order the size which retains the original image ratio.

MoonGypsy

Elaine, your inbox is full, i have been trying to PM you. :love:

seven stars

S t r e t c h i n g l o o o k s f u n n n y

I posted that the ones I have are in Poker size but they're not they're BRIDGE size. I still need to resize them but that doesn't take THAT long, few hours total maybe. Anyone who wants to start off with the Bridge size it will save my eyes - I have been staring at this screen editing every day all day since I first posted this & finally finished about 1am this morning!

Here's what they'll look like in the different sizes. I don't like stretching them so yah it's more work for me but they look better. They're not stretched.

The inserts are from an old german deck, too....I hope you guys don't mind I left them "as is" and didn't change the letters that go with the court cards. For the Jacks there is a B for some reason. Jack in German must start with a B. I thought it was funny so I left it. Which is unlike me, actually, normally I would have said, if it doesn't make sense, change it.

I'll attach the different sizes so you can see the difference.

Also the Poker & Bridge come in a really cute clear plastic case. I'll attach a pic of that too. I really like the cases. But I can make smaller pouches as well with graphics that match the deck, the smaller size pouches are 3.5 x 5".

Attachments

• 3 sizes.jpg
    3 sizes.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 375
  • Plastic Case for Poker Bridge Size.png
    Plastic Case for Poker Bridge Size.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 340

MoonGypsy

seven stars said:
The inserts are from an old german deck, too....I hope you guys don't mind I left them "as is" and didn't change the letters that go with the court cards. For the Jacks there is a B for some reason. Jack in German must start with a B. I thought it was funny so I left it. Which is unlike me, actually, normally I would have said, if it doesn't make sense, change it.

The reason there is a B on the Jacks:

Knave/Jack in German is: Bube

so that is the reason for the B--Bube! :D

i for one, am glad you left the B as is. :)

Emily

I do believe these are the same designs that are on LS's Lenormand Oracle deck. On that deck there are no inserts. I should add that although the two decks use the same designs, they are very different decks. The LS deck has a very summer-afternoon-on-the-country-estate feel, while seven stars's deck has a rougher, darker --and to me, more interesting -- feel.

I always wondered why the LoS Lenormand felt off. Alot of the cards have dead space where the inserts should be, I didn't know that before. I much prefer the look of seven stars deck.