Best book for learning

Featherflight

I am so interested in Lenormand but am very much a novice to it. I do have a deck but it doesn't have much in way of a book, etc.

Can anyone recommend a book for learning this system?

Thanks so much and blessed be!

Nemia

I like Andy Boroveshengra's book best. (And I read a lot of them ;-) It's concise, complete, and IMO it works. His explanations about the dynamics in a spread are helpful.

Anthony Louis' book is short but also very useful. I like his firm grounding in tradition.

Iris Treppner is unreadable in English, what a pity - her German book is good.

Katz/Goodwin is interesting for the historical background, I'm not sure Lenormand is their strongest expertise, to be honest although it suits their style (they sometimes suggest Lenormand techniques for tarot).

Caitlin Matthews' book is very good, too. I don't agree with all of her interpretations but her explanations about using Lenormand like a language is very useful, as well as her explanations for 3 card spreads.

Rana George and Sylvie Steinbach - hm, too far from the way I read.

I'd say start with Andy B. and Anthony Louis. For me, they're the best introductions to Lenormand.

Barleywine

I like Andy Boroveshengra's book best. (And I read a lot of them ;-) It's concise, complete, and IMO it works. His explanations about the dynamics in a spread are helpful.

Anthony Louis' book is short but also very useful. I like his firm grounding in tradition.

Iris Treppner is unreadable in English, what a pity - her German book is good.

Katz/Goodwin is interesting for the historical background, I'm not sure Lenormand is their strongest expertise, to be honest although it suits their style (they sometimes suggest Lenormand techniques for tarot).

Caitlin Matthews' book is very good, too. I don't agree with all of her interpretations but her explanations about using Lenormand like a language is very useful, as well as her explanations for 3 card spreads.

Rana George and Sylvie Steinbach - hm, too far from the way I read.

I'd say start with Andy B. and Anthony Louis. For me, they're the best introductions to Lenormand.

This is good advice. In his book, Andy makes the point that he stripped it down a bit for beginners. As far as I know, the excellent Louis book is only available as an e-book, unless that's changed. Regarding Rana George and Caitlin Matthews' books, they are each strong in their own way but I think I prefer Caitlin's. Sylvie Steinbach's book I find useful for reference but I'm put off a bit by her revisionism, and I've stayed away from the Katz-Goodwin book because of reviewers' objections about the same thing. I also just finished Rachel Pollack's companion book for the Burning Serpent Oracle, which I was able to purchase separately. She stays strong with the tradition but also explores other not entirely unrelated interpretations (although some of them are a bit too "modern" for me). I found it worthy enough to tab for reference purposes.

Featherflight

Thank you so much everyone! You have been so helpful and I really appreciate it. I will be checking out your suggestions today. šŸ™‚

Genna

Another beginnerĀ“s two cents.

You have got excellent advice. IĀ“d only add that as a beginner I find Rana GeorgeĀ“s book easy to read, because she tells so many anecdotes from her life and how they showed up in her spreads, in a nice talkative way. She also give so many interpretations of the cards; what it generally means, how people look who are defined by the card, job, health, spirituality, advice. She has a friendly, chatty way of teaching, that I quite like.

Now I try to read using the piquet card inserts, and other more advanced ways of reading the cards, and find Caitlin Mattews helpful with that. She helps more with reading The Grand Tableau, and gives you lessons to do after every chapter; it is a good way to teach I think, but I havenĀ“t read the books mentioned above.

These are the only books IĀ“ve read. You should listen more to the others, who really know what they are talking about, just wanted to add my two cents.

I also had a lot of help in the beginning by using the little book you can buy with Mystical Lenormand by Regula Elizabeth Fiechter. She has examples of interpretations of every two-card combination, and some good advice and spreads, even a little about GT ,in a nice grand-motherly tone, but it is only 276 pages, and she hasnĀ“t got the Piquet inserts on her Mystical Lenormand, so strictly speaking iti s an oracle, not a Lenormand, but it uses the German interpretations for Lenormand.

Good luck!
Love and Light,
Genna

Featherflight

Thanks Genna! That was really helpful advice as well ��