Dog help

olivia1

In your experience, Does the dog card only show up when it's someone you had a friendship with (whether currently or in the past) or does it also refer to anyone you may have ever had contact with?

Sharla

Dog would be a "known" person.

If you check my thread in the Lenormand reading section about "why did they make the call"

You'll see where this "known" theme comes from to do with dog.

Village Witch

In my experience and opinion, the Dog represents someone known to you. Someone close to you and currently active in your life.

My hubby is often represented by the Dog card in my readings. He is loyal, faithful, and my best friend, so perhaps that's why.

Genna

The dog can be a doctor too. Someone who helps you.

Barleywine

In general, it can also mean "a man," one who is loyal and trustworthy if "near" the Significator, less reliable if "far" or with Clouds between them.

ThtDancerGuy

The Dog card

Hi olivia1,

Yes, the Dog card is the card for friends, family, relatives, etc., basically people you know well and have had acquaintanceships with at the least. A lot of readers can make the mistake of thinking the Dog can be someone new or someone not yet known, but it is not. The Dog is only ever someone with whom you share/have shared a friendship or other close relation. I think the only time the Dog can be predicting someone new is when you are directly asking your cards if you will meet someone (in the near future) and you pull the Dog card, among other cards of new encounters, like the Garden, the Rider, the Child or the Stork, to name a few.

olivia1

Thanks everyone! I meet so many people because I work in tourism. I wasn't sure if the dog was someone I actually developed a friendship with, someone who I simply met briefly, or if it was referring to someone I knew from the property but who I only knew in passing. Thank you

snowmoon

about the dog

it shows once on my recently daily reading, on that day, someone is unknown to me, there was kind of trouble. and the police came.

i guess the guy (the dog ) is seeking of something.relationship?
he said he know me, but i don't know this person, and besides, was he telling me the truth? or lie to me to get what he wants?

CoffeeBlood

interesting how 'dog' can be associated with the police. there are police-dogs out there, after all. but this is something i haven't thought of before.

dogs are also known as good sniffers and they have a good hearing as well, and they protect their owners and territory. perhaps 'dog' represents someone who is protecting us as well, so they can be someone that close to us [plus the [the police is also supposed to protect us]

just my 2 cents here...

Vanitygrey

I've had a really weird experience with the dog card... I'll ask a question " will X contact me today". For the last couple of days, Ive gotten some combo with dog leading like: dog+Letter+ fish; or dog+ Rider+ stars

In both cases, only a mutual friend of ours (who was also my ex- at some point in time) who I haven't heard from in a long time contacted me. So, I'm pretty stumped because I've specifically asked about X.