Tyldwick Lenormand!!! (Malpertuis, Chelsea, Lothrop, Sputnik, Arabian)

Lee

My initial ambivalence turned into desire, and I just ordered the Malpertuis. I find the Chelsea's art strongly appealing, but I find the symbols a little hard to spot in some of the cards. The Malpertuis seems to hit a great balance between establishing a mood and portraying the symbols simply. The price certainly gave me pause but I can see myself actually using this deck.

Le Fanu

I have kept very quiet on this...

I - lover of Tyldwick - was very disapointed with the Malpertuis. Different factory, different printers, different gilding materials, different everything.

I was all giddy with the other Lenormands that were due to come - the Chelsea, the Lothrop, the... the...

My heart sank and the Malperthuis was quietly tucked at the back of the shelf a few months ago.

1Eleven

I have kept very quiet on this...

I - lover of Tyldwick - was very disapointed with the Malpertuis. Different factory, different printers, different gilding materials, different everything.

I was all giddy with the other Lenormands that were due to come - the Chelsea, the Lothrop, the... the...

My heart sank and the Malperthuis was quietly tucked at the back of the shelf a few months ago.

Thanks for this - you just saved me $62. I went with a mini Dondorf, instead.

Morwenna

Well, I'll just have to wait & see. I don't have either the Tyldwick or the Malpertuis. (Though I have been tempted...)

Madrigal

I'm back and forth with the Malpertuis and have been for months. Right now I'm forth lol. I did an online reading with it and liked the experience with the cards. I'm also really interested in his Arabian Lenormand coming out in Sept.

Lee

I just received the Malpertuis today. I never had the Tyldwick so I can't compare it, but I'm happy with the Malpertuis in all respects. The gilding is indeed different than other gilded decks I've seen, but I like it -- it's not flashy or reflective like a mirror, it's much more low-key and seems to fit the artwork better than a glitzy gilding would.

The cardstock seems good to me. The colors aren't that bright, but I don't think they're meant to be. All in all I think it looks great. Now, if I did have a Tyldwick in my hand to compare it, perhaps I would feel the same as Le Fanu, but as it stands now, I'm completely satisfied and look forward to playing and reading with it.

Madrigal

This is encouraging to hear, Lee, as I keep returning to this deck. I'm very close to buying and if it weren't for my current ambivalent relationship with Lenormand in general it would already be winging its way to me. Finding my way into this system is proving a challenge. But that's for another thread ;)

Chimera Dust

Those of you have ordered (or are going to order) the Chelsea, which version are you getting?

rachelcat

I got the blue.

I usually like anything red, but as the page says, the "red" deck has a more restricted palette. In other words, the blue has more colors, the red just has (mostly) red. And more colors works best for me.

I really was tempted to get both, but I had to be a little bit real!