Kendra Hurteau's Crash Course

MaryHeather

Has anyone here taken Kendra Hurteau's Lenormand crash course? I'm interested in trying it, but am curious to know if anyone else has an opinion on it.

Sharla

I didn't know about this, so just taken a look on her site and all though it is cheap enough i think this maybe for the absolute beginner in Lenormand as the video is less than 2 hrs long and start from basics, i think i may have learnt myself most of what she maybe talking about.

But im interested to know also what this course is like and if anybody has taken it.

1Eleven

Pretty vague info and video on the site and I'm unaware of any examples of her readings so I would be hesitant. It may be useful but it's tough to say based on what's available.

Le Fanu

Of course there is always more to say about Lenormand but in terms of a beginner's course -why would anyone buy this when there are so many good books around - Caitlin's and Rana's and Anthony Louis' to mention just three; books you can keep referring to and underlining in pencil and taking notes in the margin etc. Plus they get you started as a beginner and take you so much further.

I wouldn't be tempted by this at all and I'm always up for new things to learn. But I really think the "I'll teach you how to begin learning Lenormand" course-type stuff is pretty much sated.

Plus <cough> I don't really think of her as an authority in the way that so many others are.

Keslynn

I tried it out and it was ok. I don't feel like I threw my money away since I did learn a couple interesting ideas. That being said, I feel like I learned more from Rana and Caitlin's books. And now here! I don't think it will add anything extra.

MaryHeather

Thanks everyone. It sounds like I'm a little bit beyond the content of this class.

Tag_jorrit

If you do better in a course situation rather than learning from a book, I highly recommend the 3 online courses by Bjorn Meuris, a reader who has many years' experience teaching and reading Lenormand. He offers his courses on the Cartomancy University website where Caitlin Matthews also offers courses.

I had been working with the cards for a about 3 years but avoided the GT. I am not a professional reader and don't have a lot of opportunity to read for others so the practice has not been there, for me. The Beginners' course is set up in such a way that by following the exercises you cannot help but have the information firmly planted in mind.

If this course had been available when I first became captivated by these cards, I feel that I would have been catapulted into feeling like a competent reader almost as soon as I had the meanings drilled into my head by his basic course. He effectively creates a framework that makes it very easy to grasp the concepts of the GT that follows.

Going forward to the GT course, the way he presents the descriptions of location of the signifiers and theme cards with regard to the other card locations he rips away any doubts that it is possible, even easy to read the GT. With the way he tightly focuses on one element at a time makes the prospect of reading the cards this way, well, simple!

I highly recommend that any beginner -- or anyone who feels like they have hit a wall in their learning -- who wants to shorten their learning curve to take the opportunity of treating themselves to Bjorn Meuris' courses.

He has a beginner course, a GT course and a 'method of distance' course that applies to the GT. Every so often he has sales on the courses but they are still not all that expensive especially since they really shorten the time from baffled to competent.

The beginners course is here and the Grand Tableau course is here.

Sharla

Thanks for posting these Tag-jorrit

I think i'm going to take a chance with the grand tableau course, not too expensive either which is a bonus.

1Eleven

Thanks for posting these Tag-jorrit

I think i'm going to take a chance with the grand tableau course, not too expensive either which is a bonus.

Sharla, I've taken all 3 and even if you're only interested in the GT course I'd highly recommend you start with the beginner. He builds on that framework and practice deck in the GT course.

Have fun!

MaryHeather

Thanks for posting this, Tag Jorrit. I think I will give this class a try!