LS Pagan Tarot-The Devil

Disa

Thanks to my new appointment calendar from Tarot World publishing and the fun I had doing the sacred days of yule spread, I have the mindset to do a card a day and a card a month.

The appointment book has a place to write your card a month and for January I chose the Devil.

I see the woman sitting in the floor with different things scattered about. What I noticed most were the spirits sitting beside her. The book pointed out the robed figures behind her which I didn't notice. It seems she is having to make a decision in which she is torn by what the robed figures want her to do, and what the spirits of her deceased loved ones are encouraging her to do. Should she follow what's in her heart or go with the outside influences?

As my card of the month, I didn't see how the traditional meaning for the devil(obsessions, etc.) fit me, but the book points out that we also may be giving up what's best for us (our personal greater good) to please or seek the approval of others. That's something I definitely had an encounter with this month as a friend and I had words regarding my use of the tarot.

What are your thoughts on this card?

Disa