Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 213 : August 29 - September 4

delinfrey

I have been playing around a little bit with my new Archeon Tarot and chose it today as the deck to work through a fear cycle (in the Readings section) in shadow work.

It was a match made in heaven, truly, the cards were speaking to me in a very clear voice and they were lovely to shuffle. I think I am falling in love.

I will be working on with that deck this week. Planning on doing some more shadow work with it. Not sure about daily draws, though. Will keep you posted.

VGimlet

Rain! So happy to see it! We sure did need it AJ - hopefully some will make it to eastern Washington, Oregon, Idaho and the fires. :(

Thanks for the new thread Madrigal.

And welcome cmarie (or welcome back? I have a mind like a steel sieve...)

JylliM

Hello! I'll be giving my Victorian Romantic a run this week.

Marcus R

I would like to join. I'll be using my Conver TdM. Very new with pips, so may have some whacky results.

AJ

Welcome Marcus. My husband will be fishing in your neck of the woods in a few weeks.

BodhiSeed

Welcome Marcus. My husband will be fishing in your neck of the woods in a few weeks.

You guys are going to Australia?! :bugeyed:

VGimlet

And welcome to you to Marcus R.!

I think I am caught up now. :p

I like the idea of the Tarot Noir, and the cards are very artistic but...hmm, find it's a little on the dry side for me. I really can't explain it better than that, LOL.

RiverRunsDeep

Enjoying my walk down memory lane with my Mythic Tarot. :)
This was my very first tarot deck, purchased at least 25 years
ago. It is so raggedy and tattered now that it is difficult to shuffle
and, strangely, it still smells of the incense I stored it with in my
early twenties.

I noticed there was a study group for this deck, so I looked through
some of the threads. I realized this was the first study group for which
I didn't need to have the cards in front of me; all of the Mythic Tarot
images seem to be firmly imprinted in my mind.

Marcus R

I like using my Conver TdM. I wanted a deck that harks back to the early days of Tarot. A 1760 deck isnt quite the beginning but it certainly reaches some sort of historical point of reference.
I like the rough woodblock print, the blobs of colour splashed around, slightly and not so slightly misaligned. I like the crazy faces on some of the cards, when I compare it to the Visconti, the artistry is simple and honest, a deck you could buy at the corner shop and I like that too.