Icky feeling when potential Readers suss out your previous questions?

Bonny

It's getting late.

Will reply if I can another time.

Sorry, did the last poster say they read the Reading exchanges regularly on a daily basis but don't see that as stalking????

Webster dictionary definitions:

Staking: pursue stealthily
Stealthily: secretly.

Ok. So I didn't know you were reading the posts daily... that would infer there was looking at mine and others' posts without their knowledge.... stalking?

Great that you have found a particular template approach supports your learning on AT. Hopefully the methods others use to learn , be they juggling tarot cards on top of Christmas trees, drinking water upside down while divining the meaning of a Lenormand card, or asking 'repeat' questions is given equal respect.

Bonny

Bonny, I don't understand imputing the worst possible motive to people who practice this. Unkindness, voyeurism, incompetence? Should be banned?

Is it disappointing to be turned down, and maybe embarrassing, and maybe other emotions come into play? These reactions don't reflect the competence, ethics, or compassion of the reader. These reactions are yours to own.

I don't understand your first paragraph.

No, it's just plain harmful.
If I hit another person and they are effected, if I am wise I will own my wrong-doing. If I am arrogant I will tell them to own their feelings of pain, woundedness and demoralisation.

The responsibility to fix this issue lies with the malalligned Readers doing this.
Not with the impacted intending Sitters.

Hence my thread.

Go well!

Silmaril23

It's getting late.

Sorry, did the last poster say they read the Reading exchanges regularly on a daily basis but don't see that as stalking????

Ok. So I didn't know you were reading the posts daily... that would infer there was looking at mine and others' posts without their knowledge.... stalking?

Great that you have found a particular template approach supports your learning on AT. Hopefully the methods others use to learn , be they juggling tarot cards on top of Christmas trees, drinking water upside down while divining the meaning of a Lenormand card, or asking 'repeat' questions is given equal respect.

Mmmm...OK! Not sure how else I would participate in the Reading Exchanges without reading them. But I really have no desire to engage further with this type of negative energy and projection. Peace.

Edit: If people reading the Reading Exchanges regularly bothers you, then maybe you should do reading exchanges through PM only? My impression was that this forum was public and for learning purposes, available to everyone.

G6

I appreciate when websites offer the option to users to make their post history private. AT should consider adding this option.

Bonny

Mmmm...OK! Not sure how else I would participate in the Reading Exchanges without reading them. But I really have no desire to engage further with this type of negative energy and projection. Peace.

Edit: If people reading the Reading Exchanges regularly bothers you, then maybe you should do reading exchanges through PM only? My impression was that this forum was public and for learning purposes, available to everyone.

The reading exchange is where readings are exchanged.

Forum rules are no PM'd readings, just so you know.

Go well!

Silmaril23

The reading exchange is where readings are exchanged.

Forum rules are no PM'd readings, just so you know.

Go well!

Yes, and I regularly participate in those exchanges.

I think it's probably safe to say that many, many members read the reading exchanges (even when they are *not* actively participating) in order to get a sense of how other readers are reading and interpreting questions and spreads, for learning purposes. I have absolutely no issue with doing this, and will continue to do so. This is a public forum, and the reading exchanges are for educational purposes, as much as for personal purposes (if I have misunderstood this, I'm open to correction from the mods).

G6's idea of making post histories private would be a good solution for people who are uncomfortable with having publicly shared readings.

G6

I don't understand your first paragraph.

No, it's just plain harmful.
If I hit another person and they are effected, if I am wise I will own my wrong-doing. If I am arrogant I will tell them to own their feelings of pain, woundedness and demoralisation.

The responsibility to fix this issue lies with the malalligned Readers doing this.
Not with the impacted intending Sitters.

Hence my thread.

Go well!

I don't agree with policing sitters to this extent. In my view, it is a misguided effort. I simply state no repeat or obsessive q's in my posts and leave it at that. If the sitter doesn't want to self-reflect on that point a confrontation like the one you describe seems of little benefit. Readers that take this stance need to look at their own issues of control, superiority complex, etc.

zhadee

To you in this matter I think it's off, Zhadee.
I think your method of operating in this regard is off.

The 'appear' Term is the key one I think.

We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are.

Presuming the person wants a particular answer is impuning to them and arrogant of the Reader.
Thank you for pointing this out, Bonny.

Sulis

It's getting late.

Bonny, this is a public forum.. It is not stalking if you read someone's posts every day, that's the nature of posting on and reading a forum.

People are quite within their rights to refuse to read for someone if that person has asked the same question of other readers time and time again.. I don't post in the Reading Exchange and frankly, people doing this is one of the reasons that I don't.. It's meant to be a learning forum, not an agony aunt forum where you come to get readings, we're all supposed to be learning..

Barleywine

The only thing that annoys me is the situation where two threads are going at the same time by the same person on the same topic, maybe worded just a shade differently. Basically an ongoing "fishing expedition," hoping for a better result. If I see that person asking the same thing over a long period of time, I just figure they're still seeking satisfaction or closure of some kind. What I usually wonder is why they haven't done anything with the answers they already received (often many times before). I stop contributing since I figure they have issues tarot can't help them with.