Names of tarot cards

Honor

I was wondering if anyone knows of different names for the tarot cards? I'm aware of their esoteric titles, but I once came across an interpretation of the King of swords as the Lord of violence. This shocked me at the time as I'd always thought of the King of swords as a lawyer or a university professor, stern but not violent. Then again, the swords cards do rule violence. Anyway, I'd be interested to see what people think. It might be that that dignity might only be the author's in the book I read interpretation.

Zephyros

The Golden Dawn had names for the cards that started with "Lord of etc." but "Lord of Violence is unfamiliar to me. What book is this from?

In any case, here's a list of the Golden Dawn titles for the cards. They're not their names, exactly, but title, and are used differently. The Thoth also has titles that have some similarity to the Golden Dawn titles, but are modified somewhat.

https://silverlotus.net/tarot/correspondences/esoteric-titles/

Honor

I don't remember what book it's from, I read it years ago in a library I remember that much. I'll have to have a think, see if I can remember.

bubblyNightmare

My Goddess Tarot deck has the suit of Staves instead of Wands. The court cards and some Major Arcanas also have different names. Hierophant is Tradition, Death is Change, Fool is Fortune, etc.

magicjack

The Hermetic Tarot deck has the titles at the bottom of each card. The King of Swords is titled Prince of the Chariots of the Winds. Golden Dawn's Kings are really Prince s..

Tanga

I was wondering if anyone knows of different names for the tarot cards? I'm aware of their esoteric titles, but I once came across an interpretation of the King of swords as the Lord of violence. This shocked me at the time as I'd always thought of the King of swords as a lawyer or a university professor, stern but not violent. Then again, the swords cards do rule violence. Anyway, I'd be interested to see what people think. It might be that that dignity might only be the author's in the book I read interpretation.

Different users and producers may give the cards different names.
Interpretations can be surprisingly varied - and this is the fascination of Tarot.
Why not see the King of Swords (in some instances, or perhaps even as "The Shadow" side that has leaked out in unforeseen circumstance for instance...) as a Lord of violence?
I would imagine his would be cold, calculated and deliberately mean violence - he wouldn't be bated into reaction without thought. }) :).