Casting Call!

january

Hi All -

I am currently enrolled at NYU in film studies and as my first script, I've decided to base my characters on astrology. Astrology is actually the cohesive ingredient to the script so my characters are pretty much generalized, astrologically speaking. No charts, just sun sign (it's for the general pubic).

My protagonist is a man and is a perpetual bachelor, forever sowing his wild oats. So my question is, who do you feel is the most elusive male of the zodiac? Gemini? Saggitarius? OR.... could even a Cancer be elusive for emotional reasons? A Cap because they put too much effort into their work? A Virgo for being too picky? Aries or Libra unconsciously on the quest for the very idealistic "perfect" woman?

Any thoughts, claims and stories would be appreciated!

(if my script ever sells, I'll give each of you a champagne ride on the red carpet... in true Capricorn style!)

lunalafey

Not Cancer, to family oriented.
Not Capricorn...they like firm foundations, they aim for long term....
my thoughts would be either Taurus or Scorpio.
A Taurus man is ruled by Venus...I have known several Taurus men and they really like the ladies, most have cheated on thier partners.
coincidentlly...the opposite of Taurus... Scorpio...sex sex sex....

firemaiden

Well, Gemini is a disaster, but these guys finally make up their minds and settle down.

Sagitarius, now there's an idea. I know two Sag's, one 41, one 50, absolutely no hope in site of settling down in sight, not so much for need to sew wild oats, but for total lack of discipline, utter, chaotic, inability to see beyond the next minute... None at all...

Then there's Scorpio, I know two, both confessed their birthday and their perpetual (forever unrealizable) desire for me, on the same day. They both had the same birthday. They are both happily settled down , but I promise you, these guys will never, never stop sewing their wild oats.

Silverlotus

As a Taurus, I'd have to repectfully disagree with lunalafay. We are generally stuborn (very!), homebodies, and like to partner. That is my experience with myself and fellow Bulls. We are very ummm... sensual within a relationship though.

From my personal experience, I'd vote Scorpio. Just as... sensual as a Taurus, but a little bit of a problem with commitments in my experience. *glares at boyfriend who thankfully can't see me right now* :)

Of course, this is all generalizations and personal experience.

isthmus nekoi

Really, Scorpio? I got the impression that Scorps in general can be very very loyal. Caps, also very stable, not nuturing, but also quite loyal. Cancer... I know a Cancer ASC; he says the only thing that would make him happy is having children to care for... :p Aries I'd say could go either way. He's not so much about avoiding commitment as he is egocentric. Virgo and Libra... well, Libra rules the 7th house; house of equal partnership and marriage so I wouldn't choose Libra for eternal bachelor. Virgos can be very picky, but their desire to serve/selflessness just doesn't spell out bachelor to me.

I'd say Sag is a good pick... wanderlust, freedom etc aren't very condusive to settling down. Sag is ruled by Jupiter who in his more difficult aspects represents hubris. Jupiter can be like, the puer eternus, forever young, the antithesis of Saturn in many ways. So in a man's chart I see this working well w/a bachelor character. Aquarius might be another one; the sign least likely to get personal.

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar w/the term 'sowing wild oats' so I might be wrong about the above interpretations....

january

Wow, some great insights here! I stumbled upon this article... its very amusing:

http://www.ivillage.com/relationships/experts/experts_by_month/articles/0,9632,172420_557103,00.html

It's funny, but the one sign whose characteristics just don't resonate with me is Saggitarius. The reason this is so odd is that my dad was a Sag. I was married to a Sag and dated another one for four years!! Although I have considerable experience with this sign I was blind to the astrological characteristics - or perhaps there was something in their natal charts that made them less "Saggitarius". My dad, although a faithful husband, was very good-looking in his younger years and its safe to assume he was VERY popualar with the ladies, esp. when he was in the Navy. He married my mother at age 43 and she's the first to admit that he was an incureable flirt. Hmmm... dad was quite the Sag, wasn't he?

Isthmus Nekoi - Aries is less about avoiding committment than he is egocentric? Love that comment.... so true! I've always identified Aries with the King of Wands.

So, is Mr. Saggitarius sleazy enough for the part? (my appologies to any Sags out there!) What about Leo? Does he have trouble settling down because he can't refuse any attention that could come his way?

Thank you all for your input... and keep it coming!

firemaiden

isthmus nekoi, "Sewing wild oats" is a euphemism for having sex with as many different ladies as possible -- spread the seed far and wide, a good survival strategy for some species, namely plants.

The sag guys I know are definitely the most charming, but to go along with that, is a also tragic lack of sex drive which prevents them from receiving the Award of Honor...

In my book, that goes to Scorpio. These guys are loyal, of course, loyal unto death, loyal to all of us...

Minderwiz

Well, I don't know the answer either!!!!!! LOL

You might try Aquarius because they're so sure they're a unique individual that they only see partnerships in their own terms. (Sorry Aquarians - and don't forget I'm Aquarius Moon!)

If you want a sexual adventurer though, I'm afraid the signature isn't a sign its a contact - Mars/Jupiter - this has been touched on by those suggesting Sagittarius and of course Mars rules Aries.

Depends how you want them to turn out in the end. You could try the St. Augustine sinner to saint routine - in which case you might try Pisces (co-ruled by Jupiter) - orgies as a means of merging with the cosmos.............................

I better stop before I have to delete my own post and give myself a stern warning LOL :)

Demonesse

Sagitarians ARE charming aren't they? And Librans put love up on a pedestal so high no mortal can ever reach it *rolls eyes* As for the most elusive, maybe a Cap - they're so lonely and wary that it's difficult to get past that emotional fortress they erect around themselves. Or Scorpios. I just don't get along with Scorpios - I find them loyal (this applies to those Scorpios I know personally, no offense meant to the Scorpios out there!) - to themselves, that is. Those I know seem to change partners like clothes...

LeahG

january said:
Hi All -

I am currently enrolled at NYU in film studies and as my first script, I've decided to base my characters on astrology. Astrology is actually the cohesive ingredient to the script so my characters are pretty much generalized, astrologically speaking. No charts, just sun sign (it's for the general pubic).

My protagonist is a man and is a perpetual bachelor, forever sowing his wild oats. So my question is, who do you feel is the most elusive male of the zodiac? Gemini? Saggitarius? OR.... could even a Cancer be elusive for emotional reasons? A Cap because they put too much effort into their work? A Virgo for being too picky? Aries or Libra unconsciously on the quest for the very idealistic "perfect" woman?

Any thoughts, claims and stories would be appreciated!

(if my script ever sells, I'll give each of you a champagne ride on the red carpet... in true Capricorn style!)

Hmmm now I am still a beginner in astology - but using my knowledge of men I know......

Gemini gets my first vote - "oh I like her....oh and I like her too" "I'm so in love with her......I'm bored now the grass must be greener on the other side" :D I know a few geminis - tendency to become bored and look around for something else.....

But don't underestimate the cancerian male - since no names will be mentioned - (hehehe) I know a cancerian male on the cusp of Leo 21st July- sure he has is home with partner but the Leo fire sparks up sometimes and he is "sowing his wild oats" again. So no, technically not the bachelor but certainly acts like one!!