Any new Crystal chats?

Briar Rose

It's beautiful.

minrice

LeaRoseQuartz said:
If the inclusions in it are green, it could be clorite, which is a mossy, earthy kind of mineral. I don't think, the yellow is citrine, though.

Some of the inclusions are a light, gold color. Maybe just another type of quartz, they are transparent.

LeaRoseQuartz

Yeah, I think you're right about the yellow inclusions being a type of quartz, although citrine is a type of quartz. I've seen crystal quartz with green, yellow, black or red bits in it. When quartz was forming, long ago, and was still liquid, other minerals sometimes got caught in it. I wish more shopkeepers were better informed on what they are selling. As crystal lovers, we should have the right to know exactly what we are buying.

MCsea

minrice said:
I was in my local metaphysical shop and saw this really pretty crystal sphere. I initially didn't buy it but it was just one of those things I couldn't get out of my head. So after thinking about it for almost two weeks I went back to get it!

Anyone know what other minerals are in it? The woman at the shop said she thought that tourmaline was in there, are those yellow bits citrine?

I love this piece, it reminds me of the ocean!

http://www.quartzpage.de/inc_text.html
has a list with pictures of inclusions - even though your photos are excellent its still hard to really assess what is in the crystal
but it has amazing patterns - and speaks clearly - a really lovely piece.

MARINA

MCsea

LeaRoseQuartz said:
Yeah, I think you're right about the yellow inclusions being a type of quartz, although citrine is a type of quartz. I've seen crystal quartz with green, yellow, black or red bits in it. When quartz was forming, long ago, and was still liquid, other minerals sometimes got caught in it. I wish more shopkeepers were better informed on what they are selling. As crystal lovers, we should have the right to know exactly what we are buying.

same goes for alot of things (hense my weekly trip to the local produce markets not big chain stores for fresh food)

its not so easy to be an expert in everything - being a fantastic mineralologist may not lend itself to running a profitable store.. but I agree that people who sell crystals really need to get the basics right from their suppliers AND pass that information on - the best they can.. they also should admit when they DONT KNOW but provide some text books in the shop for the discriminating customer (like me) ;)

Marina

minrice

MCsea said:
same goes for alot of things (hense my weekly trip to the local produce markets not big chain stores for fresh food)

its not so easy to be an expert in everything - being a fantastic mineralologist may not lend itself to running a profitable store.. but I agree that people who sell crystals really need to get the basics right from their suppliers AND pass that information on - the best they can.. they also should admit when they DONT KNOW but provide some text books in the shop for the discriminating customer (like me) ;)

Marina

I agree, that would be nice. I have a feeling that the people running the shop, nice as they are, have maybe added the crystals as an afterthought. Or at least that is how it feels to me. Which is a shame because the crystals take up a corner of the store! I wish they would label things also, and put what each one is and what it helps with.

MCsea

minrice said:
I agree, that would be nice. I have a feeling that the people running the shop, nice as they are, have maybe added the crystals as an afterthought. Or at least that is how it feels to me. Which is a shame because the crystals take up a corner of the store! I wish they would label things also, and put what each one is and what it helps with.

Agreed, but putting what crystal helps with may be hard - we know everyone resonates with crystals uniquely and often within a group of crystals there are individuals that 'do their thing' sometimes its where they were mined from - sometimes they are older.. its like medication one size doesnt fit all..
BUT the stores could provide reference material so people can look it up on the spot - you know coloured mineral books and other interpretative tools to help the buyer...

MARINA