oh my yod!

isthmus nekoi

Moongold,

Looks like I have a yod too, if I count Chiron and allow a 4 degree orb b/w Saturn and Chiron. I have Saturn/Moon sextile, both quincunxing Chiron. Hm, maybe I shouldn't write off the little astroid! W/my limited knowledge of yods, I'm assuming that this indicates emotional hardship or something b/c the combo of Saturn/Chiron/Moon indicates to me a deep emotional wounding. (Although if you ask me, I would've guessed a *Pluto*/Chiron/Moon thing would make more sense...) This pattern might indicate my teenage experience w/depression, but Chiron seems to indicate something more chronic, am I correct? Jupiter is less than a degree away from Saturn though, so at least that brightens up an otherwise grim looking pattern.

Hm, w/12th sun squaring 8th Saturn, balsamic phase moon, and a possible yod, would this indicate a sort of karmic chart, or is this nothing special?

Moongold

Hi Isthmus,

Everytime I sit down to reply to you something happens so it has taken a little longer. Sorry!

I'm still learning about Yods so others might step in here too. Most astrologers seem to think that Yods are significant but they don't often say why. Kevin Burke has something on his website at http://astro-horoscopes.com/HTML/AskKevin/961221z.html

There might be a question about the 4 degree between Saturn and Chiron. I think it is supposed to be 3 max but that may be academic And the planet at the apex is supposed to be the fastest planet. Is Chiron faster than the Moon? I'm not sure about the techicalities or how interpretive they can be. I think you can assume it's a fairly important aspect pattern if it has resonance. I didn't realise that Astraea was an astrologer and it would be good to get her input.

The planets in quincunx are supposed not have much in common and the resulting vibrations contribute to the uncertain energies of the Yod. The challenge for you will be to use the positive energies from both Saturn and Moon, according to Mryna Loftus. "A Spiritual Approach to Astrology".

The Yod, according to Loftus, bestows on the individual a special blessing if the conscious mind remembers its divinity and seeks spiritual riches. There is some really interesting stuff written about the meaning of Yods. It's the Hebrew word for the "hand of God" and is represented in Tarot by the Hermit.

Gail Forsythe says that decisions made by planet A, in your case, Chiron, are challenged over and over by the other two planets, Moon and Saturn. The resulting dynamics often result ins the individual sometimes making quite surprising sea changes a couple of times in their life time. I've done this twice that I can identify. My Yod is Venus/Saturn/Uranus.

So it would be interesting for you to think about these dynamics Chiron/Moon/Saturn - what a trio! :). Moon and Saturn are interesting and if you think of Moonas representing some aspect of childhood need and security (parenting/Mother), Saturn with its sometimes harsh demands then your comment about teenage depression could well be apt. Chiron is supposed to represent something which needs to be healed. Sometimes childhood wounds are lifetime healing matters but consciousness is 75% of the healing I think. The damage or the sculpting experiences can appear in different ways throughout the life, I think Isthmus.

The House and Signs that your contributing planets are located in is supposed to be important as well. Myna Loftus comments that people with Yods are old souls who have acquired much knowledge and spiritual insight, Isthmus. :)

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Thanks for your reply, Moongold ^_^ Don't worry about how long it takes to reply... although you're going to have to allow me some time to mull over what you've written now!! Will write back :)

isthmus nekoi

Hi Moongold,

I believe the moon is the fastest moving body, so perhaps this doesn't count as a yod after all... Kevin Burk's site says that the moon *cannot* be a base planet of a true yod. Plus there's the 4 degree orb. Maybe I just get the fricative nature of the quincunx w/o the spiritual insight and divine blessings :p

Anyways, I'm sending you a PM to read at your leisure.