Wild Unknown Oracle

Cocobird55

The deck and the book are now for sale on the Wild Unknown website.

danieljuk

It's called the Animal Spirit Oracle and each card has an animal on in the same art style as the tarot deck. 63 cards of different animal archetypes.
Here is the page introducing it here :thumbsup:

Michellehihi

I couldn't resist! I bought one! However I noticed something.....bizarre (in my own opinion at least) on their website. They are asking donations from people who have their designs tattooed, and they say they will give all that money to charities....why not ask people to give directly to charities????

Rinoa

I'm really looking forward this oracle! The Wild Unknown is my most used deck and I think the two will marry well together. I heard that the animals that appear in the oracle are actually meant to be the same animals in TWU tarot. That could add an interesting dimension to readings.

MissChiff

I like this deck... I don't have many oracle decks...Belline, Lenormand and Kipper... I may try this one...

blueeyetea

I couldn't resist! I bought one! However I noticed something.....bizarre (in my own opinion at least) on their website. They are asking donations from people who have their designs tattooed, and they say they will give all that money to charities....why not ask people to give directly to charities????

People who use the artist's designs for tattoos are infringing copyright if they didn't get permission from the artist first. It's a polite and roundabout way to say "pay me" for my art if you're going to use it. A charity isn't entitled to that money to start with, as noble as the act can be.

Michellehihi

People who use the artist's designs for tattoos are infringing copyright if they didn't get permission from the artist first. It's a polite and roundabout way to say "pay me" for my art if you're going to use it. A charity isn't entitled to that money to start with, as noble as the act can be.

This makes sense, thank you for the explanation!

Nyx-Knits

My deck came in the mail yesterday, and I didn't have a chance to open it until today.

Wow.

This was my best un-boxing experience yet. I ordered directly from The Wild Unknown's site. I'm not going to describe one bit, because I really enjoyed it and I'd like more people to get a chance to get theirs without spoiling it. There are a lot of little details with the package that made this a magical experience for me. I started to open it, then called my husband over to share the experience with me. He doesn't read cards, but thought it was very cool, and enjoyed the overall theme when we went through the cards to enjoy the art for the first time.

I love how this deck is structured. Since I've been intensively studying the RWS deck I have been finding my use of oracle decks has changed. I now prefer the oracles without any keywords, or at the very least descriptions, because I am going for more of a free-form intuitive reading without the structure of a tarot deck when I reach for them. I use oracle decks on a more thematic level, or when I don't necessarily have a question yet I am looking for guidance.

This deck hits the best of both worlds for me. The only "text" is an elemental symbol and the animal's name. Even on my first pass-through of the deck I found some cards very intuitive, with feelings and impressions leaping out at me far beyond my learned information of the animal. Yet this is by far the most structured oracle deck I have ever encountered. I could immediately see the elemental organization, as well as a progression from physically weaker to stronger creatures. The larger guidebook filled out my understanding as to the food chain flow within the elements and other nuances.

The artwork melds very well with The Wild Unknown Tarot. The art is very detailed black and white drawings with vivid color, often minimal, for emphasis. The backs are the same design of the second edition Tarot, with a lovely gilded silver upon white. The box and cardstock are similar (possibly the same) to the second edition Tarot deck as well. There is a small bit of gilding on the cards of one element as well as the box with a stunning rainbow effect.

The little white book is small and well organized. It shows diagrams of suggested spreads, short descriptions of each element, and a few keywords for each card. When unfolded the back is a large black and white version of a card from the deck. The larger companion book is nice, with more in-depth descriptions of what is found in the little white book, as well as some background and discussion of the deck's structure.

This deck absolutely fits the bill as a companion to the The Wild Unknown Tarot, yet the deliberate thought that went into the structure of the deck gives it great value as a stand-alone. While this absolutely could be an oracle deck that you take out of the box and get great readings from without even considering the structure, there is also a substantial layer of depth added with the consideration and study of this.

I think this deck is going to be a big hit, and draw some of the strictly tarot readers into the oracle realm. At least for me, I am really looking forward to spending more time with it!

DaughterOfDanu

Would anyone with the deck mind listing all the animals in the cards? I have so many animal decks that I don't want to run out and buy another if its a deck with majority animals that I don't identify/connect personally with.

HighPriestess

Would anyone with the deck mind listing all the animals in the cards? I have so many animal decks that I don't want to run out and buy another if its a deck with majority animals that I don't identify/connect personally with.

I would also be interested if someone would care to list the animals as I also have a lot of animal decks.