Reading my chart

Minderwiz

NamasteIndia said:
You - is incomplete without your Mankaraka(Mind)

The mind is governed by the Planet Moon and just like the tides in ocean are caused by the moon the tides in our life is caused by Somdeva(moon).
SO a weak moon gives lot of mental issues, confusion, disillusionment. Sadly your moon lies in the 6th House of disease, debt and enemies.

Not a good place for the moon to be. You were born on the 10th tithi Dashami in Shuklapaksh that means 5 days before Full Moon. So your moon is not that weak its a waxing moon. Waxing moon is outgoing. You are ruled by the Nakshatra Dhanishta ruled by mars. This nakshatra was present when you were born and the moon was in that nakshatra.

I'm not sure about dignities and debilities in a Vedic Approach but my Moon would be in Capricorn which in a Western Approach would be in Detriment. It's certainly in the sixth place from the Ascendant, which is not good. It's within 2 degrees of the seventh cusp and the descendant but I think Vedic Astrology is like Hellenistic, if it's not in Aquarius then it is in the sixth House, no matter how close it is. In seventeenth Century (and Modern Astrology) it would be taken as Seventh House, so an interesting distinction. Also I would add strength as it's angular both in Vedic and Western Astrology.

NamasteIndia said:
This is a lonely nakshatra right from childhood you could be fulfilling other people expectation rather then your own.

Also moon in 6th house indicates lot of recurring common cold, sinus and throat related problems. Presently you are going through Mercury Dasha and this dasha is favourable for you because it gives you sharp mind, intellect and rational thinking

previously probably teenage you went through tough times while experiencing saturn period.

Placement of Moon in the sixth house indicates health and ailments and you work from home, and you associate better with woman but strong Atmakaraka SUN indicates you are able to deal with health problems because after all SUN controls the body.

Yes my childhood was 'lonely' in part - my brother and sister were a lot older and left home in my early childhood and both my parents worked (together running a shop) but their expectations were in no way imposed - my choice of education and eventually career were entirely my own. My early teenage years were indeed a bit difficult but by around 15 this was well and truly over. Actually during that period I think I did 'discover' Saturn but learned to use him.

The common cold is a perennial problem, but throat issues are no longer significant. Health really has been quite good apart from blood pressure problems a couple of years ago. but I think you cover that well.

NamasteIndia

7th house - Marriage

7th house is ruled by Aquarius(Saturn) and the lord of the 7th lies in 12th house of loss indicating that marriage happened late in life or marriage ended or distance from partner means partner lives in other country.

Ok so your ascendant Sun is strong and needs individual space and freedom of expression and saturn in 7th creates conflicts with partner so definitely trouble bruing there.

Also there is Mars in 12th house, Mars in 12th house creates Manglik Yoga here in vedic astrology a Manglik person is not advised to marry a Non manglik person because there can be considerable trouble.

So Mars in 12th effects the 7th house of marriage, partnership and creates lots of conflicts there.

NamasteIndia

10th house - career, public image

10th house is ruled by Taurus ruler of planet venus and venus lies in 3rd house. means you achieve sucess through your own efforts. Career related to communication or helping people is expected. And since connection is there with 6th house so most of the trouble in career will be self created.
In 10th house lies Rahu (North Node) and angular opposite lies Ketu with Jupiter. Ketu with Jupiter gives a powerful Yoga which bestows luck but creates problems with relationship, children and knowledge.

Ketu with jupiter separates person from son, extreme guilt or attachment. Also lot of past life connection with different faith, religion, philosophy and you keep searching for answer via spirituality.

Ok but Ketu there in 4th house of mother creates problems with mother
Rahu in 10th is considered good but if you dont express yourself properly you will feel frustrated. There is strong desire to make name for self and strong sense of destiny.

Overall i feel you might have had a sucessful career Taurus over there could also indicate career related to accountancy, finance, banking, art, farming, food retailing, cooking, fine arts or aesthetic professions. Fine arts or finance is also good options there.

NamasteIndia

9th house - Luck, fortune,father, knowledge and spirituality.

Destiny of any individual is connected with his 9th house and strong 9th house brings person good luckm fortune, lots of knowledge and spirituality.
Here your lord of 9th house is Mars but Mars lies in 12th house of Loss. So
it indicates that you were probably detached from your father, your father died early probably.
Also you could have tried your luck to settle in foreign land or tried to make foreign connection to gain money.
A strong indication of spiritual connection and past life knowledge since 12th house is also house of moksha, liberation so whatever knowledge you are having now definitely as a connection from past.
Aries in 9th house indicates need to express your dharma(duty ) in individual way rather then follow any norm or trend.

Minderwiz

NamasteIndia said:
7th house - Marriage

7th house is ruled by Aquarius(Saturn) and the lord of the 7th lies in 12th house of loss indicating that marriage happened late in life or marriage ended or distance from partner means partner lives in other country.

Ok so your ascendant Sun is strong and needs individual space and freedom of expression and saturn in 7th creates conflicts with partner so definitely trouble bruing there.

Also there is Mars in 12th house, Mars in 12th house creates Manglik Yoga here in vedic astrology a Manglik person is not advised to marry a Non manglik person because there can be considerable trouble.

So Mars in 12th effects the 7th house of marriage, partnership and creates lots of conflicts there.

As with the Ascendant my Descendant lies in the same sign in both Western and Vedic approaches - Aquarius, so Saturn rules in both. Saturn is in the twelfth by Whole Sign but is in the first by later Western Tradition (as it is within 5 degrees of the Ascendant).

I married at age 28, just over 3 months from my 29th birthday and my wife is nearly 4 years older. 'Later in life' is a relative statement, I think in Western terms it wasn't particularly late but would be by Indian terms, especially with the bride being older than the groom.

However we have been married for nearly 35 years, and there's been no trouble apart from health issues in the last few years,

Minderwiz

NamasteIndia said:
10th house - career, public image

10th house is ruled by Taurus ruler of planet venus and venus lies in 3rd house. means you achieve sucess through your own efforts. Career related to communication or helping people is expected. And since connection is there with 6th house so most of the trouble in career will be self created.
In 10th house lies Rahu (North Node) and angular opposite lies Ketu with Jupiter. Ketu with Jupiter gives a powerful Yoga which bestows luck but creates problems with relationship, children and knowledge.

Ketu with jupiter separates person from son, extreme guilt or attachment. Also lot of past life connection with different faith, religion, philosophy and you keep searching for answer via spirituality.

Ok but Ketu there in 4th house of mother creates problems with mother
Rahu in 10th is considered good but if you dont express yourself properly you will feel frustrated. There is strong desire to make name for self and strong sense of destiny.

Overall i feel you might have had a sucessful career Taurus over there could also indicate career related to accountancy, finance, banking, art, farming, food retailing, cooking, fine arts or aesthetic professions. Fine arts or finance is also good options there.

Again my MC is in Taurus in Western Approaches, so Venus rules the tenth in both Approaches. The same applies to the North Node, which is in the tenth (and Taurus) in both approaches.

The Vedic Venus third House placement is interesting as it is quite accurate in terms of a career in Communication and Helping people.

I haven't got a son, but I believe that we lost one (my wife miscarried) and we do sense 'him' around at times.

I have a conjunction of Venus with Mercury, which I have taken as an indicator of the caring and communicative career - I actually became a lecturer in Business Studies (Business in the sense of buying and selling is a Venus activity and of course you list Finance which is allied to business and accountancy is a Mercury profession).

I think you've got some good hits there. I'm not sure about problems being self-created but then it's always difficult to be objective about yourself.

Minderwiz

NamasteIndia said:
9th house - Luck, fortune,father, knowledge and spirituality.

Destiny of any individual is connected with his 9th house and strong 9th house brings person good luckm fortune, lots of knowledge and spirituality.
Here your lord of 9th house is Mars but Mars lies in 12th house of Loss. So
it indicates that you were probably detached from your father, your father died early probably.
Also you could have tried your luck to settle in foreign land or tried to make foreign connection to gain money.
A strong indication of spiritual connection and past life knowledge since 12th house is also house of moksha, liberation so whatever knowledge you are having now definitely as a connection from past.
Aries in 9th house indicates need to express your dharma(duty ) in individual way rather then follow any norm or trend.

My father lived till he was 70 and we had a good relationship. I'm interested that you link the father to the ninth House.

've not really been tempted to settle abroad, I'm very much attached to my cultural roots, though probably if anywhere it would have been the USA, as I've always felt very much at home when I've visited.

Yes, I've always had an interest in other beliefs, faiths, and the occult. I have no inner certainty that it comes from past lives, but I certainly would not say it wasn't.

Thanks for those three sections - I found them very interesting and lots of food for thought.

NamasteIndia

Minderwiz said:
As with the Ascendant my Descendant lies in the same sign in both Western and Vedic approaches - Aquarius, so Saturn rules in both. Saturn is in the twelfth by Whole Sign but is in the first by later Western Tradition (as it is within 5 degrees of the Ascendant).

I married at age 28, just over 3 months from my 29th birthday and my wife is nearly 4 years older. 'Later in life' is a relative statement, I think in Western terms it wasn't particularly late but would be by Indian terms, especially with the bride being older than the groom.

However we have been married for nearly 35 years, and there's been no trouble apart from health issues in the last few years,
your wife also might be having manglik yoga so both of you are getting along well...just a thought

NamasteIndia

Minderwiz said:
My father lived till he was 70 and we had a good relationship. I'm interested that you link the father to the ninth House.

was your father living in separate country...anything like that?

Minderwiz

NamasteIndia said:
was your father living in separate country...anything like that?

No apart from his military service during the second world war (and well before I was born).