Synastry charts

Minderwiz

Lee said:
I think all the different astrological schools of thought would advise you that the chart is not a prison. You have the freedom to take your chart factors and use them as a tool to accomplish your goals. You also have the freedom to sigh despondently and worry about what trouble your Saturn square is going to get you into now. The choice is yours. :).

An excellent point Lee.

Starlight09 said:
so... that interprets as generally having a strong fear of rejection, shyness (I've read the description before, but not enough to repeat it verbatim) and not feeling worthy of love.

Why does it? Why doesn't it mean that you need to learn to take a constructive approach to your relationships and that if you do, they will be more likely to work out?

How do you know that Saturn in your chart is 'fearful'? Modern texts don't really tell you how to distinguish between Saturn the 'Master and Teacher' and Saturn the 'fearful' but clearly they both cannot be simultaneously true. One answer might be to point to the aspect and say squares and oppositions are 'fearful' but some of the best teachers I've known were challenging - challenging to work harder and to realise potential. In the tradition, Saturn is fearful when debilitated- your Saturn is NOT. Saturn in dignity IS the Master and Teacher - he challenges you to learn and develop.

The aspects are separating, to Sun (in exaltation) and Venus (in detriment) If I were into past lives, I'd say they were an indication of what you bring with you. You have two sets of aspects here - the Sun/Venus/Saturn square and you can really make that Sun/Saturn square work for you through your hopes and aspirations and you have the Moon/Saturn applying trine. The Moon is exalted in Taurus, so you have a second pair of powerful planets at work Again the eleventh House is involved - the House of Good Fortune, hopes, aspirations, ambition, trust and success.

Now I'm not trying to say you will lead a life of sweetness, light and success just by sitting back and letting it happen. We've only looked at a couple of factors in your chart. However if you insist on taking the modern psychological view to extremis and assume that Saturn squares are the end of the world you have NO CHANCE at all of getting that potential realised.

One of the troubles with injecting modern psychology into Astrology is that most of it was developed dealing with people with real problems who genuinely need help. But to extrapolate from that the all of us are in desperate need of counselling is dangerous. For mos of us, life is what we make of it and opportunities are there to be taken, even if it means working hard for them.

I have a chart with Saturn squares - my Saturn is in detriment in Leo - so I KNOW fearful Saturn and I've learned to love him and use him and recognise when he needs a good kick up the backside to be helpful. I also have a 'nasty' twelfth House Pluto but I soon realised that if you ignore him he goes away - Don't allow Astrologers who should no better to get you into a melancholic state by tales of 'heavy' planets bringing doom and gloom. The only thing that brings doom and gloom is to believe them.

Good luck and have fun exploring those Saturn squares- they will enable you to find your limits and boundaries by pushing against them and finding that they are not as constraining as you actually think now.

That Saturn square Venus - the challenge is to control and manage a debilitated Venus - don't let it take control. Debilitated Venus' can mean laziness, wastefulness, going for the easy route, enjoying the good life without thinking of the consequences, and at it's worst living life to excess. Luckily Venus is also combust, Your exalted Sun will help extinguish such tendencies and Saturn provides the structure to keep it under control.