"Required" reading?

stella hoshiko

DeLightFull said:
I really appreciate the suggestions everyone. It's funny because I was expecting lots of people to suggest 78 Degrees of Wisdom and for some reason I haven't felt drawn to that book. So I'm so pleased to see the consensus around some other choices. Thank you everyone!

Surprisingly, i do recommend this book though..it's quite a good book that allows you to meditate on the cards from how the book had described their details and feel your own way through the cards with your own reading abilities..and actually, i feel that maybe it's just that you'd been too drawn and used to 'Motherpeace' for many years that you felt overwhelmed to the options of choosing books to expand your horizons in tarot learning..as Rachel Pollack uses RWS deck on this book, perhaps you'd like to pick up this deck and look through them and see what comes up, record it down and compare it to the details in that book and then feel what you've got by then. You might be amazed at how much you've brainstormed over the book and the cards when you're done..

DeLightFull

Tarot Wisdom does look promising, and any review that includes the word faboo pushes it to the top of the list ;).

DeLightFull

stella hoshiko said:
.as Rachel Pollack uses RWS deck on this book, perhaps you'd like to pick up this deck and look through them and see what comes up, record it down and compare it to the details in that book and then feel what you've got by then. You might be amazed at how much you've brainstormed over the book and the cards when you're done..

I have recently ordered an RWS deck, it seemed like the proper thing to do to as I journey toward a deeper understanding of Tarot. Thanks for your thoughts, Stella.

stella hoshiko

DeLightFull said:
I have recently ordered an RWS deck, it seemed like the proper thing to do to as I journey toward a deeper understanding of Tarot. Thanks for your thoughts, Stella.

You're most welcome, DeLightFull..probably because most books emphasizes on the features of RWS deck more than other decks, so i guess it's probably quite essential that each of us have a deck of it to help enhance our knowledge towards tarot..not a must though..but just remember to jot down your first feelings on your journal and when you review back your journal, you might find that you'd like to add something more into those that you'd left out..about one of your other threads, i agree with AJ's suggestion too..it's quite a good way to practise with a subject using each and every card we have..AJ's simply amazing to come up with this practise method..*2 thumbs up~!*

strings of life

^ Agreed. I have only been learning for three weeks now, but it's amazing how much I have learned and how I have also changed my initial views on how I thought I was going to learn Tarot.

I have been very fortunate and have had some very insightful people comment on my blog/journal. They have helped me become more confident about coming up with my own meanings and interpretations.

cardlady22 said:
Robert Place's The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination helped me get rid of the misconceptions I had about tarot.
aurarcana said:
I am picking this up tomorrow as well as The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages by Paul Foster Case

Diving right in. I am bookmarking this thread since it's helpful for me as well.

Just an update: I can't put Robert Place's The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination down. What an amazing book about the history behind Tarot.

I also ordered Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack.