What's so great about the Jacques Vieville Tarot?

prudence

I agree. Whole heartedly.

And while I am at it, does anyone else see the connection to the Vieville Queen of Coins and Uncle Fester? Seriously, she looks like Uncle Fester's mother to me....look at her eyes and the deep circles around them, the way they almost protrude....:D

(sorry, I was raised on American TV:D)

le pendu

HA HA HA HA HA

I'm not sure it that's a selling point or not.. but it made my evening, (and changed how I view this card forever!).

Attachments

• vqc.jpg
    vqc.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 145
  • fester1.jpg
    fester1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 150

prudence

eek, am I the only one in the Historical section to propose such a connection??

Really now, am I the only one to see this resemblance?? ;)

And, Robert, you never know, this just may increase its sale-ability.;)

look at these Fester photos....if only they had a profile shot.
http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams04/fester.html

Debra

Even better! Uncle Fester is modeled on Aleister Crowley (so says Fulgour, and I see the resemblance). How delightfully and creepily full circle, from Jacques Vieville and the Marseilles to the Thoth by way of Fester Addams.

With luck I've managed an attachment.

le pendu

Debra said:
Even better! Uncle Fester is modeled on Aleister Crowley (so says Fulgour, and I see the resemblance). How delightfully and creepily full circle, from Jacques Vieville and the Marseilles to the Thoth by way of Fester Addams.

With luck I've managed an attachment.

OMG... that's hysterical..

Six Degrees of Separation!!!

Ross G Caldwell

Here're some medieval animals I found with human heads and crowns, and cows or horse's bodies -
http://www.geocities.com/anytarot/beasts.html

I don't know what they mean, exactly, but they do resemble the Vieville Charioteer's animals, I think.

These animals are kind of common in medieval heraldry (I don't know what keywords you'd use on google images, though, which is why I had to find them in a book and scan them).

prudence

Thanks for those scans, Ross.
They are sort of creepy and comical at once...They also seem so very familiar, like I have seen similar images elsewhere, but cannot place it.

The Chariot "horse-people" from this deck do seem very similar to these images, but at the same time, they do have an Egyptian quality to my eyes that the scans you provided do not. Especially the headdress/crown of the one on the left, the way it comes down in the back (I am assuming the dark strip is part of his headress), and the wrap around his jaw....

Debra

I e-mailed to Jeannette at the Tarot Garden about this deck. She says they plan to reorder but because the publisher requires huge orders before shipping, it may be six months before they do so. Just FYI, everyone. I'm so delighted by this deck and discussion--it's in the "learning something new every day" category!

prudence

hi Debra,

Yeah, I really love TG and wanted to get mine from them, but have an ants in my pants kind of issue when it comes to getting my hands on a most wanted deck.:D So, I ordered from Alida, and they also have very good (superb, like TG) customer service and delivery styles. I highly recommend them, and the prices work out to be very affordable. (I know the first time I went to order from overseas, I thought the price would translate into a huge amount of American dollars, which it did not.)

Debra

Ok, thanks for that!