Crystals for BDD

Somnilocus

I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder and looking for stones to help with it. For those not familiar with BDD, these are the sorts of things I'm looking for help for:

-I need to be able to rationalize my thoughts. Currently I am preoccupied with the way I look to the point of obsession, and convince myself that people are thinking I look ugly and laughing at the way I look--this probably takes up 5+ hours a day.

-Along with BDD generally comes Social Anxiety Disorder. I'd like something to calm help calm my anxiety.

-Also to do with SAD, I'd like something that will help give me confidence to be in public situations and to give me the confidence to be more independent.

Thanks for any ideas. :)

wumpkie

For anxiety you have:
Kunzite, Aventurine, Green Calcite, Chrysoprase, Emerald, Hematite, Moonstone, Pyrite, Rose Quartz, Rutilated Quartz, Smithsonite, Tigers Eye, Tourmaline & Labradorite. These are to be placed on the earth or base chakra.

For self acceptance: Mangano calcite to be placed on the heart chakra or higher heart.

and for self esteem: Rose Quartz, Hemimorphite, Moss agate, Chrysoberyl, Mangano calcite, Citrine, Hematite, Fuchsite, Iron Pyrites, Opal, Rhodocrosite, Rhodinite, Rhyolite and Sodalite.

Hope that's some help but Fudugazi is the best possible person to reply to this thread, she is fantastic in answering questions with lots of helpful information :)

Somnilocus

Brilliant, thanks for the ideas, wumpkie. :)

Fudugazi I summon thee. :D (maybe that'll work? :D)

wumpkie

Lol it might well do :D

Somnilocus

Mangano Calcite << I haven't heard of this before and I'm having trouble finding more info on it! I'm going to try to get some, though; outward appearances alone, it looks like a wonderfully soothing, calming stone.

I also bought some Sodalite to take its place for now.

Emuishere

I definately recommend Rhodonite- i used it for self-esteem, and it helped me a lot :D