crystal/spiritual gardens

RufusJ

hi All,

Due to some circumstances this late spring, I've developed an interest in creating a crystal garden, spiritual garden, prayer garden, meditation garden... or some amalgram of all of those. However I have no idea as to how to go about it. For instance, what crystals or stones would be good to use in a garden, how does one attract faeries or devas to a garden, can one make a portal to another spiritual dimension... what makes a garden conducive to prayer.. that kind of thing.

Any ideas or suggestions for books would be most welcome.

Thanks, rufusj

lark

I'd like to direct you to a wonderful book...
Gardening with the Goddess
Creating Gardens of Spirit and Magick by Patricia Telesco
ISBN# 1-56414-553-0
I think you'll find just about everything you're looking for in this gem.

Fairy Garden
Earth Garden
Garden of Joyful Dancing
Garden of Magick
Thinking Place
Money Garden
Moon Garden
White Buffalo Woman Ritual Garden

And oh so many more...actual 41 different gardens in all.

For each garden she goes through a history of the garden, plants to use, patterns, crystals to put out, colors, decorations (for instance fairies like bells or anything that makes music in their garden. They also like doll size furniture.)
Best direction to put the garden in, how to bring aspects of the garden inside for the winter.

Good luck....:)

P.S. if you would like to know about any particular garden just ask I'll be happy to tell you what the book says.

wizzle

The best rocks for your garden are those you find yourself. Period.

If you live in a town, like I did in Los Angeles, use opportunities when you are driving on vacation to collect stones. They don't need to be huge. I was able to get lots of 5-50 pound rocks along highways. My rock of choice for the garden is granite.

RufusJ

Hay lark and wizzle,

Thanks for the response!

lark-- the book sounds fascinating. Does the book have crystal grids for gardens as well?

wizzle-- you've got my curiosity up. Why are found rocks better? I've got one I'd like to use but I didn't exactly find it-- an ex-boyfriend gave it to my daughter who was going to leave it behind in a move. However I ended up with it and was planning to use it somewhere. I'm not even sure what it is-- it's a big whitish marble-y quartz-y thing shot through with golden veins. And why do you like granite best?

rufusj

Briar Rose

ooooooh, Texas? That means you can have a beautiful garden just abut all year round.

If your near Ilano you can get some Llanite; the stone with the pretty blue quartz flecks!

lark

RufusJ said:
lark-- the book sounds fascinating. Does the book have crystal grids for gardens as well?
Not specifically but each garden has a pattern and crystal suggestions so you could make you grid based on that pattern in or near you garden.

I think found stones are wonderful too...thy are gifts from nature and they always fit in to any garden.

RufusJ

bodhran--- oooh, those are wonderful creations! They remind me of a figure that used to stand in the pasture next to my childhood home. Okay, so it was a self-oiler for the cattle; it still looked like a man from a distance and I always found it imposing, esp. late at night when lit by the moon.

HeavensVault-- well, if we get enough rain! Usually we're in a drought by now, but this year has been exceptionally rainy. We're not close to Llano but I'll still see if there is any Llanite to be found. It sounds lovely.

lark-- I'd love to grid the entire property and then set up individual grids in beds and such. That may be too much; I'm new at this sort of thing.

Thanks all for your input; it's a great help.

rufusj

ravenest

We used to go to the place that supplied local shops and buy up the old, broken or dirty crystals v.cheap and use for building, altars and gardens. I have a stone a crystal fernery with a gargoyle sitting in the middle.

Last visit to the shop when I asked about the cheap damaged building crystals, the new owners informed me there wasn't such things :(

RufusJ

Hi ravenest,

Wow, that's a bummer. I'll bet your fernery is absolutely lovely!

I love your name, btw. We have a family of ravens living close to our house and they are quite the scamps, stealing the dog's kibble and terrorizing the cats. One of them, poor fellow, has something wrong with his voice and he quacks more like a duck rather than caws but it doesn't seem to bother him or the others.

rufusj