Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Resident

tarotesoterica 
Resident

The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings

I was going to pre-order this book and have been waiting until I had some extra funds to go on a little Tarot shopping spree. I went on Amazon today and now it says it is unavailable due to a inventory or publication issue. Does anyone know why? I really wanted to order this one early. The kindle edition is available but this is a book I really want a physical copy of.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Sailing to Byzantium

Sentient 
Sailing to Byzantium

Because this book is published by Brigit Esselmont herself via CreateSpace, Amazon gets its inventory directly from her. If she doesn't send more when they run out, they can't sell any.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Resident

tarotesoterica 
Resident

That makes sense. I didn't put that together at the time. I was so bummed it wasn't available I didn't think about it. I hope she prints more soon. I'll be keeping an eye on it!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Citizen

ayuryogini 
Citizen

People were complaining about the font and picture resolution. So they fixed those issues and it is now available to order.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

This is a large book (446 pages)! For the $35.10 price of the paperback, though, I would have expected color images of the cards. The Amazon "Look Inside" option shows black & white.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Resident

tarotesoterica 
Resident

I have read the reviews complaining about the paper and ink quality which now has made me hesitant to buy it now that it is back in stock. I have also heard that this has been fixed but I'm still a little on the fence until I read some more reviews about the quality now that it is back in print.

I might just opt for the kindle version now until I feel ready to purchase the physical version.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Citizen

katyanne 
Citizen

Is this a particularly good author, then?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Citizen

staticfuzz 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyanne View Post
Is this a particularly good author, then?
It's by the woman who runs Biddy Tarot (https://www.biddytarot.com/).

I downloaded a "free sample" of the book, and as far as I can tell, it's the information that's on her website, plus extras. The entry I saw was word for word the content on her website in the keywords, description, upright meanings (in the book it's presented as "general"), and reversed meanings. Additionally, the each entry includes things that are NOT on the website, such as relevant quotes to the card, and what the card might mean for career/finance, love, spirituality, health, and personality types. Additionally it offers a few possible card combinations and what they might mean. For example, the King of Wands (https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-car...king-of-wands/) in the book would include all the information on that webpage, PLUS probably a dozen more paragraphs for the card in specific situations.

All of which is to say, check out her website, and if you like her take on the cards and are dying for more, this is probably your book.

Personally I've never connected with Biddy Tarot as much as I have other descriptions of the cards (Pollack, for instance, or even some particularly good LWBs), but I think it's still a great resource and point people there.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Citizen

ayuryogini 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotesoterica View Post
I have read the reviews complaining about the paper and ink quality which now has made me hesitant to buy it now that it is back in stock. I have also heard that this has been fixed but I'm still a little on the fence until I read some more reviews about the quality now that it is back in print.

I might just opt for the kindle version now until I feel ready to purchase the physical version.
The reason it was out of stock was so they could fix those issues.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Citizen

biddy9 
Citizen

The Guide is now fully revised and updated!

Hey there

You're right... we did have a few issues with printing quality and font choice that we were able to quickly change and improve based on our customers' feedback.

The good news is that now, the Guide is available again on Amazon with an easy-to-read font, clearer card images and a simplified page design. (Not sure I can post the link here, but do a quick search and you'll find it.)

Also, yes, it is on the more pricey side. But the quality of the content is second-to-none! We've had so many customers share their feedback that they love the practical and down-to-earth meanings of the cards. And they especially love that they have all the meanings for all kinds of readings in the one place.

And yes, you can get about 60% of the content on our website, but I know for many people, they prefer to have it in the one location and readily available (and ad-free!).

We also have a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you're not happy with the eBook, let us know and we'll refund your money. And I believe the returns policy with Amazon is very easy and straight-forward too.

Enjoy,
Brigit Esselmont
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.