General Oracles Study Group: October Info

DragonFae

I'm calling this October...although technically we will start on Sunday September 30th. October has 5 weeks basically. You may use any oracle deck...I would suggest sticking with the same deck for at least a month...I am going to try mine quarterly....so end up using four decks throughout the year long group...(if we make it that long.. :) Although you never know...it will depend how useful I am finding the topics and how the deck is flowing...if it is one like FO...then it could be a year long deck for me...

Sepember 30th Topic will be to introduce us to your deck...I'll start a specific thread for that on Sunday...or if you get to it before me...feel free to start it. Maybe with title: General Oracles Study: Deck Introductions (or something)

October 7th, 14th, and 21 I'll post a topics...I'm trying to create a masterlist (PM me topic ideas please) so we can see how it unfolds but I'm not sure if I should post the whole list or just a topic a week...sometimes when I have the whole list I'm tempted to "work ahead" which isn't bad but the whole point is...TO TAKE TIME....to do each topics and reflect on it...

October 28th is the Reading Exchange Week should we gather enough people that want to do it...if some do and some don't then those that don't might just want to read and reflect on what people post about readings that week. We also need to figure out the proper forum and guidelines for the exchange. We will actually need a committment from those who want to do it by mid-month so partners can be selected and announced...if we just have a small group we will run it as a circle rather than partners.

That's it for October....any ideas, suggestions, questions? Should I post all October topics in this thread or reveal them each week? Should I start a sign up thread for the exchange? Should I start a PM before topic/exchange thread?

MagsStardustBlack

Hi Dragon Fae.

It all sounds cool - yes to it all. I reckon however that you should be the one to co-ordinate the group otherwise things may get messy and although i know we are all bringing something to the group to help it get started and keep it going i ultimatly feel it is 'your baby'. Unless you are to be off on holiday or some other absence then you could get someone else to post topic for you or folk could just patiently wait for your return.

I don't know whether to post the topic list or one topic a week is better. kind of think that releasing one topic a week would be good as it would be a plessant suprise to wait to see what is next.

And def' think its a good idea for sign up threads and to pm folk. I think you have thought this out very well...... Looking forward to it getting going :.)))

Mags.

DragonFae

Thanks! I can let people know if I will be gone for a weekend. I'll most likely start my first quarter study with the Faeries Oracle. I've had them for several years but they never grow old and always surpirse me!

PS...one thing to keep in mind...I am in the US....so my Sunday may not be your Sunday....not sure of time differences but we will muddle through it I suppose....

kmartin60

Im in! Im here is the US as well but just like with the other reading cricles we can work out the time deals.....

I think tho so far everything sound just great to me! Cant wait!

Winterchild

Yes

Add me and if there is a PM list please st8ck me on it... I do tend to lose threads in these circles as they change each month, and I have to remember to keep track in my watched threads list.

Not sure which deck yet.... I will decide before next Sunday though :)

Thanks Dragonfae :)

DragonFae

I'll start a PM when change of topic thread is started....here and when we get moving with the exchange I most likely need to post that PM thread in the Reading Circle forum... :)

DragonFae

You gotta love it....the first Sunday of our group I will be out of town until late afternoon...just letting you know..I'll start the thread as soon as I return (I would start it Saturday but am leaving Friday evening) but as I said with all our different time zones...not sure when it will actually show up for all your time zones....but never fear...it WILL get started!!

MagsStardustBlack

Ok cool, thank you for letting us know. So excited, to get started will be a lot of fun and learn loads too!

DragonFae

Some things to consider when selecting your deck (or first deck) for this study group.

1. Will you pick a deck that you are somewhat familar with and go "deeper" in your understanding or will you pick a new less familar deck to explore?

2. Will you carry your deck with you this month? So that when you have some spare time you can pull it out and shuffle it to pick up the energy of the cards or perhaps even pull a card or two?

3. Is there something you need to do to "honor" this deck" Find a special storage spot or bag? Start a journal about this deck?

4. What will you "do" with the weekly focus topics...as they unfold...will you read about them here and post, will you add to that by creating a notebook for journaling, reflecting, keeping track of readings you do with the deck...sketching or collaging about the deck?

Those are just a few things to consider...