Sibilla meanings

AJ

surely there are more than 4 or 5 Sibilla decks. Did they not reap the wind with the Lenormand frenzy?

conurelover

I'm learning and using this deck, just starting out though. :) I think the LWB and this thread are a good springboard, but the deck can tell so much more, which opens up with usage and experience. I'm currently experimenting with different spreads, so we can exchange readings and compare notes (I have the LoS Every Day Oracle). ;)

I have that deck and Vera Sibilla. I intend to learn on the deck that has the butterfly card. Ack. I can't remember which deck that is and they are not with me.

Do you do the four square spread recommended in the LWB?

conurelover

surely there are more than 4 or 5 Sibilla decks. Did they not reap the wind with the Lenormand frenzy?

But they are nothing like Lenormands no?

Maybe it is just me...but I want to learn on a true historical looking sibilla deck... :)

dancing_moon

I have that deck and Vera Sibilla. I intend to learn on the deck that has the butterfly card. Ack. I can't remember which deck that is and they are not with me.

Do you do the four square spread recommended in the LWB?

Well, my deck has the butterfly card, so that should be it. :) ETA: But aren't those two the same or similar deck? :confused: At least, that's what my search showed, unless the Vera Sibilla has a different (full) title...

No, I don't use this spread. In fact, my LWB doesn't have this spread at all. Instead, it has a spread called 'the Crescent', 7 cards laid out in the shape of a waxing crescent moon. Could you share that one with me when you have your cards around? :)

conurelover

Well, my deck has the butterfly card, so that should be it. :) ETA: But aren't those two the same or similar deck? :confused: At least, that's what my search showed, unless the Vera Sibilla has a different (full) title...

No, I don't use this spread. In fact, my LWB doesn't have this spread at all. Instead, it has a spread called 'the Crescent', 7 cards laid out in the shape of a waxing crescent moon. Could you share that one with me when you have your cards around? :)

AHH yes. I have both decks in front of me now. The one in the blue box is called Vera Sibilla Italiana and it has the butterfly. Mine also has the crescent spread.

The other deck is called Sibilla Indovina and has the four square spread. Sorry about that!

conurelover

Square Spread-Sibilla Indovina

Dancing Moon: I thought I had an easy website explaining the four squares but I must have lost that bookmark when I replaced my computer. This is my explanation from my LWB Sibilla Indovina and after reading it is seems incredibly easy (don't know why I made it so hard) :

Draw four cards after shuffling the deck.
Place them down counter-clockwise laying the top left card first.
The cards are re-shuffled and four cards are laid on top of those in the same manner.

The cards on the top left deal with money and business.
The bottom left deal with health, body, and chance encounters.
The bottom right deal with work and professional activity.
The top right deal with love and affection.

The first card represents contemporary events and the bottom card represents future events.

If the top left are both diamonds another card must be drawn and placed face down.
If the bottom left are both spades, same thing.
If the bottom right are both clubs, same thing.
If the top right are both hearts, same thing.

That last pile is called the synthesis. If there are no cards in the synthesis, the Querient's life is not facing significant upheaval. If there are cards in the synthesis, read those cards and that is the form of upheaval they may be facing, depending on their nature.

So in Vera Sibilla:
C=Hearts
F=Clubs
Q-Diamonds
P-Spades

dancing_moon

Thanks for the clarification! That sounds like a curious spread, I'm going to try it. :) Just to make sure I got it right: the first four cards that I deal show the future, and the next four cards show the present, right?

conurelover

Thanks for the clarification! That sounds like a curious spread, I'm going to try it. :) Just to make sure I got it right: the first four cards that I deal show the future, and the next four cards show the present, right?

I ran to check the instructions. The "upper" card is the present. The bottom cards are the future.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

dancing_moon

I've just tried it. As usual, sharp and to the point. :bugeyed: I've yet to see how the future forecast plays out, though...