Man Spread

Paolo357

I dont know the proper name of this spread, it was shown to me by a friend a few weeks ago, it is at once very simple, useful and pragmatic.

I call it the "Man Spread" because the cards are laid out in the shape of a man.

The purpose of this spread is to gain an overall insight into a third party who is not present at the reading:

The first card is laid out face down on the table (this is the body of the man).

The second card is laid directly above this card (this is his head).

Two cards are laid beneath the first card at a 45 degree angle to one another beneath the first card (like legs).

Two more cards are laid either side of the "body" at 45 degree angles (like arms)

Once all the cards are laid out (face down) the reading can begin.

Turn over the "body" card and say "this is in his heart", this represents what the person is feeling at an emotional level, his instincts, gut feelings and base emotions.

Turn over the "head card" and say "this is in his head", this represents what he is thinking, what decisions he will make, distraction, method of thought and such.

Turn over the "legs" and say "these are his foundations" these cards reprsent his past and why he has come to think and feel the way he does about his the current situation, these cards can reveal things about the persons past and give clues to where their fundamental beliefs stem from.

Turn over the ams and say "this is what he does", these cards represent what he is actually doing, not only about the situation but also in his life in general, which can give clues on predicting the course of action he is most likely to take in regards to the situation.

Hope you like this spread. Let me know what you think!

LadyKathryn

holy cow!!

I'd have to say this is dead on
i did one for my sort of current...sort of ex girlfriend...LONG story

body i pulled 8 of cups...she's deffinatly trying to figure out what she wants from life...and from US.

head 4 of cups... she was feeling emotional steril...bored... lethargic

legs... Prince of Cups
9 of cups .....we were really happy ... then i think she started to really debate marriage in a way with me... my p of c represents an invitation of sorts.

i forget the arms

Me...

Body LOVE... well duh...i'm totally in love...and i opperate from unconditional LOVE...

Head The Star... i'm a psychic...lol...and i have Hope for our future together...

Legs
3 of Cups... i'm evolving...growing up... Strength... I come from a strong foundation....

Arms...Transformation...again...CHANGING...my dreams for my future...have taken a sort of drastic turn from what they were when i was even 3 years younger.

Ace of Swords...I seek mental clarity... always.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL... i loved this spread

singerofpeace

Oooh this is an interesting idea, but I just worry a little about the ethics of doing a reading "for" a third party without their knowledge or permission. It's so personal!!

Azarial

singerofpeace said:
Oooh this is an interesting idea, but I just worry a little about the ethics of doing a reading "for" a third party without their knowledge or permission. It's so personal!!

I like the spread alot. I think that everyone has thier own set of ethics as to whether or not they read for a third party without thier knowledge or permission. I myself do it all the time, but to each thier own.

slsimms

Neat idea!

I like this idea as a variation on how someone feels/thinks about me. It puts everything into a different perspective.

Lots of swords in my pull. I try not to assume the worse just because of the suit as everything has its positive and negative.

I will try this again if I need another way to look at things.

Thanks for posting!