Morgan Greer Favourite Card and Why?

Emily

Ooohhh I'd forgotten about this thread :D - I eventually got a Spanish version of the Morgan Greer but am still on the look-out for the Italian version. The only thing that didn't occur to me was that the only time you see the language used is on the Majors and the Court cards - still now I've learn't some new spanish words. :D and the colours of this Spanish version are slightly different to my Morgan Greer.

tarotbear

Emily said:
Ooohhh I'd forgotten about this thread :D - I eventually got a Spanish version of the Morgan Greer but am still on the look-out for the Italian version.

Try ebay, alidastore, or try the US Games site - where I think you can buy one in other languages. I know they exist somewhere because I've seen them...somewhere.

Emily

Strength is another favourite of mine - I like the way she holds the lions mouth closed and seems to be using no effort at all yet she has control over him. She looks quite relaxed, the lion looks a little cheesed off though lol

catti

Emily-
the colours are different? how so ?

as for a favorite:
i have always liked the 9 of pentacles as a picture, the royal purple , the grapes
the queen of pentacles too has very nice colors of autumn and that stare into the future is inspiring

favorite major arcana would be a toss up , the chariot is very energetic and come out at you the sun is nice with the same energy but more introverted.
but what i like most about the deck is what some people dislike
\the simplicity of the design:no words no borders no deluge of esoteric riddles and ancient alphabets etc...
just pictures to make a story.

Emily

Hi Tarotbear,

Just seen your post - I remember trying Alida and emailing the Somerville site but neither sells the Italian versions - I did have the German version on order but realised that the language really wasn't what I was looking for so cancelled it. This Spanish version is OK but the colours are different to my english Morgan Greer - the Spanish one is OK for a backup deck. :D

Emily

Hi Catti,

Yes the colours are different - They are not as crisp as the English version Morgan Greer - colours seem more muted, outlines not as sharp. I put the decks side by side and you can really tell the difference then. I do prefer the colours of the English version.

Little Baron

Too Many Favourites

What I like the most about this deck is the colours - the deepness of colours -

My favourite 'moody' and 'deep' cards, visually, are -
5 of Cups - really travels within me and reminds me of places I have been, even if I cannot remember them.
The Moon - the greeny bluey colouring of the grass is how I see things when I am out in the moonlight; the deepness of the pool; the beautiful purple of the lobster that looks as though it is made of velvet.
The Knight of Swords - raw, vibrant and 'hot to the touch'.
The 3 of Swords - probably the only 'bleeding heart' representation that I like.
The 2 of Pentacles - Once again, I feel like I have been submerged within the sea in this picture - it's a real deja vu feeling.
The Devil - I know a lot of people don't like this card but I like it a lot; a great symbol and much prefer it to the RWS version. Love the green.

As far as pictures go generally,
10 of Rods
4 of Cups
Queen of Pentacles - love the 'Autumn' feel of this card.
Page of Swords - the fresh orange and focused look of the young man.

Looking forward to discussing this deck more. I have been working with playing cards recently and wanted to keep just one tarot deck out; decided an illustrated one would be a good contrast. This deck has been sitting in my cupboard for years and it seemed the right time to call on it. Glad I did.

LB

Pipistrelle

Well, I've only had this deck 2 days so it's too early for favourites :) but I did want to put in a mention for the 4 of Swords. When I was considering getting this deck and looking at it on the web, it was the 4 of Swords that made me think "wow" - before that I'd seen only the "brighter" cards and the colours in the 4 of Swords were perfectly restful and really made me think this deck had more depth than I was giving it credit for. So I bought it...and I was right :)

So far, other cards that have stuck out:
Strength (notice she's in the jungle...?)
3 of Cups - lovely
9 of Cups - this is the first "smug genie" card that I've liked...the woman looks so friendly and welcoming and not at all smug. Also (excuse me for saying this :) ) I get the impression she's naked under that big coat...and that stands for the sensual bit. Is that weird?

However, so hard to choose favourites - this deck is already proving to be worth its weight in gold.

Kind thoughts,

Pip

Pipistrelle

Oooh! And the 4 of Cups...He's been there so long he's overgrown :)

Little Baron

I love that 'Four of Cups' card as well Pip! It has such a magical/fairytale kind of edge to it - a little creepy as well.

Don't know if you noticed already, but we are trying to start a study group for the deck, if you are interested. There is a thread about it posted today - any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Would be great to have you on board with the rest of us.

Best,
LB