Playing Card Oracles ~ Alchemy Edition

Madame Squee

It seems like I've waited at least a year for Playing Card Oracles ~ Alchemy Edition to become available, and now they are shipping out any day!

Ana Cortez produced this deck from the original oil paintings done by her father, Charles J. Freeman. I believe the nature of oil is to breathe life into its subjects, and I have to say it is really working here!

The unusual artwork in the original Playing Card Oracles made it my all-time favorite oracle deck, and quite possibly my favorite divination deck ever, and now I cannot drag my eyes away from the art in the Alchemy Edition.

I ordered the large size.

I'll be back when it arrives...

Dark Victory '39

I'm excited about this too. I found her older companion book: 'the playing card oracles' in a 2nd hand shop a couple months ago and was blown away by all the information, and the beautiful writing; there's not too many oracles that i've run into that seem such a comprehensive system. (Although, i only have a few oracle decks so perhaps i shouldn't comment.) Anyway, i ordered the small Alchemy edition. Does anyone who has any of the other versions use it often? Thoughts on how workable (or not) you find it?

December_Empress

I ordered the small size. Glad to know that they are shipping soon!

Madame Squee

Dark Victory, I'm glad you mentioned the book. I keep it on my nightstand. My favorite chapters are the ones on divination by geomancy. I think calculating and interpreting the geomantic figures adds a lot of depth to readings.

December Empress, I wanted to order the poker size, too, and I will as soon as I have the extra funds. It will be so much easier to carry around.

Dark Victory '39

Mme Squee, that geomancy section is cool as hell; read it over last night. I have a longtime fascination w/ astrology so its neat to me that some of the geomantic patterns have associations w/ planets. I also found the doodles she (or c.j. freeman) did incorporating the geomantics totally magical; i don't have my book w/ me to give the page #, but for instance the one that's turned into a candle. Maybe that will help w/ memorization. It will be interesting to work w/ them in readings.

Madame Squee

Mme Squee, that geomancy section is cool as hell; read it over last night. I have a longtime fascination w/ astrology so its neat to me that some of the geomantic patterns have associations w/ planets. I also found the doodles she (or c.j. freeman) did incorporating the geomantics totally magical; i don't have my book w/ me to give the page #, but for instance the one that's turned into a candle. Maybe that will help w/ memorization. It will be interesting to work w/ them in readings.
You are so right -- the geomancy section is cool as hell! I also love those geomantic doodles! Ana titled that section, "Connecting the Dots". ;) She suggests doing the drawings. She says they often bring out additional meanings for her, and they also provide the questioner with a personal symbol, as well as a more memorable reading. I'm reading for my sister next time she comes down from the mountain. It's the first time she has asked me for a reading, and I'm brushing up on the geomancy and doodling for the occasion. :)

Madame Squee

You were totally right! I just got an email informing me that my order has shipped.

Yes!!! I also received my shipping email yesterday! I'm nibbling at my nails, though. We're expecting 22 inches of snow tomorrow. :bugeyed: That tends to slow things down.

MoonGypsy

Goodness, even though the timing $ wise is not the best, i just purchased the smaller deck.
i had been watching and waiting for these to be available for sooooo very long.

Don't forget to download the PDF...;)

i absolutely LOVE this paragraph from Ana:

"Contrary to some popular stereotypes, no one is just “one card” - or just one anything.
We are starry conglomerates, just as the spattering of stars across the vast sky under
which we are born. Our individual desires can hardly be put into words, our longings
perhaps best described in pictures...”

i am officially in excitement mode...

Is it here yet? :p :p :p

Madame Squee

Hey MoonGypsy! :love:

Thank you for sharing Ana Cortez' beautiful prose! I absolutely love her writing! I did download the pdf but haven't read it yet.

The postage is steep at $10, but like you, sweetheart, I've been waiting so long, there was no backing out at that point!

Since my package shipped yesterday, I'm hoping for delivery tomorrow. After all, New Mexico is pretty darn close to Colorado. Anyway, that's my thinking! :D