Horary Readings Round 8 - Answers

deb99

Did I post my question in the right place on the other reading thread, and will it show up here or on that thread? Thanks!

Minderwiz

Yes, you did post in the right place and you'll find it on page 9 of the other thread. I'm currently on page 8 in my readings.

deb99

Yes, you did post in the right place and you'll find it on page 9 of the other thread. I'm currently on page 8 in my readings.

I am totally confused. :) I see only 5 pages on the other thread but you said you are on page 8, so I guess I am confused where you are posting the readings. When you finish mine can you just send me a quick PM?

Thanks so much!

Minderwiz

I only see 5 pages when I click on the link above? Is there something I am not doing correctly maybe? I am sorry I seem to be so lost on this...

If you click on the link, it should take you to page 9 (out of 10) of the Horary Questions thread. You should find a post by Ronia at the top. That one click gets you to the right page and all you need do is scroll down to find your post.

If for some reason clicking doesn't work go to the Astrology forum (Aeclectic Tarot Forum>Beyond Tarot>Astrology and scroll down til you find Horary Readings Round 8 - Questions

I can understand why you might only see 5 pages when you look at the pages to the right of the thread title but if you notice the dots to the right of number 5 and the 'Last Page' in blue to the right of the dots then you are at hyperlinks to the pages..

That 'Last Page' in blue is a hyperlink and takes you to the current last page, which is page 10. This also has a post by Ronia at the top. Over on the rightjust above the post is a ribbon with the legend Page 10 of 10 and then the numbers 1,2 3, 4, etc up to 10. Clicking on '9' will take you to page 9 and you can then scroll down to find your post.

Minderwiz

Comments for Ronia

My previous cnart is irrelevant as of today, please help me with this one.

The thing that bothers me here is that the upcoming sextile between the man (Venus) and me (Mars) is going to be interrupted by this same Moon, which will sextile the man (Venus) first and then square the Sun, L5 before conjunct Mars (me).**Sextile is a Venusian aspect and I'd normally say that two sextiles, from the Moon and from Venus to Mars, with Venus receiving the Moon from Venus' triplicity and face, would mean "yes" but I'm afraid to be so positive, especially with the Moon/Sun square in between and the Sun will square Mars (me) at the same time Venus (he) will sextile me (Mars).*

The question is if the Moon as L4, or L10 for him, can be seen as preventing perfection here? Usually I don't see the Moon as preventing perfection since she co-signifies the querent and I wouldn't say "no" to this relationship nor would I willingly and consciously jeopardize it but... I have to ask. On the other hand, Venus exalts Mars and the man should be interested. Both significators are well placed house-wise, Venus is on the MC technically. He is in a position to act and indeed, I'd expect him to. If it wasn't for the Moon aspecting Venus first and square the Sun, I'd say he will approach me with a date in mind, at least.

To make it clearer for myself, the chain of events looks like Moon sextile Venus (man), Moon square Sun (L5), Moon conjunct Mars (me). All this while Venus (man) is still applying to sextile Mars (me). It looks like this Moon is somehow very singificant, being in the 7th as well, ruled by Mars and in Venus' triplicity and face...*

Minderwiz, help! Will the Moon or will she not prevent perfection and is it actually appropriate to see the Moon as prohibiting the matter?

More so, the last aspect of the Moon will be a sextile again - either to Jupiter or to the North Node, whatever one prefers. The chart is covered in sextiles.

P.S. One thing I would normally look at is the connection Venus-Sun, performed by the Moon here, because although I have no intention to sign any marriage documents ever again, the kind of relationship I'd like to have with this person is as close to marriage as I have intention to get with anyone. I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to do so though, the ancients didn't consider common law relationships as marriage. If I allow the connection Venus-Sun, then.... I'll become Venus and it will be one more indication that it will work out and I may actually be in a relationship with him.

The Moon is alwasy available as a co-significator for the querent (unless she is specifically the Lord 1 or Lord of the quesited.) Therefore in this horary I'd take the Moon as a significator for you. Its sextile to Venus (its next aspect) therefore brings you to him. The matter should perfect because as well as the sextile by sign there's also Reception between Mars and Venus (Mars is in the Triplicity of Venus and Venus is in the Exaltation of Mars.) The Moon is co-present with it's ruler Mars (You and it's next aspect is to Venus (him) but it's the Moon's role as your co-significator that completes a favourable situation.

If the Moon had aspected Sun before Venus then it would prohibit the relationship, as the Sun is not a significator of either him or you.

Your PS implies that religious or legal systems define marriage. Yes, both of those statements can be true but there's a third way of looking at marriage - that of a long term commitment between two people who love each other.

One of the things I like about Hellenistic Astrology is that it recognises all three possibilities and you will find Lots of Marriage based on each of those views. Therefore I don't think the Ancients looked at marriage solely in the ways you cite. Yes, some of them did. Certainly Arabic and Christian Astrologers seem to take that as almost exclusive but I don't think that has to be done and you can include the 'love union' in your definition.

Incidentally the three views are not mutually exclusive. You can combine any two or all three if you want.

Bonny

Hi Minderwiz,

Just a question for clarification on my reading recently.

By the comments about challenges in my long term relationship, what exactly (or more specifically ) did you mean? And it is great I must say again, that these are shiwn as surmountable.
Was it that you saw someone indicated with whom there would be break ups and strain? As, in the same person... (Some other astrology info has suggested some sacrifice by me re my relationship) The man is C. I believe he is the love of my life...
Or was it that you saw something else re my relationship...??

Do these indicators line up the same for my career?

Blessings,

B:)

Ronia

The Moon is alwasy available as a co-significator for the querent (unless she is specifically the Lord 1 or Lord of the quesited.) Therefore in this horary I'd take the Moon as a significator for you. Its sextile to Venus (its next aspect) therefore brings you to him. The matter should perfect because as well as the sextile by sign there's also Reception between Mars and Venus (Mars is in the Triplicity of Venus and Venus is in the Exaltation of Mars.) The Moon is co-present with it's ruler Mars (You and it's next aspect is to Venus (him) but it's the Moon's role as your co-significator that completes a favourable situation.

Oh... wow. :) First time in years. I can only keep my fingers crossed! 7th cusp just slightly off Spica is a nice touch.

If the Moon had aspected Sun before Venus then it would prohibit the relationship, as the Sun is not a significator of either him or you.

So, the querent's co-significator can prohibit? Would it mean the querent through his/her actions prohibits the perfection? Or would it mean the whatever house the Moon rules prohibits? For example,family for house 4.

Your PS implies that religious or legal systems define marriage. Yes, both of those statements can be true but there's a third way of looking at marriage - that of a long term commitment between two people who love each other.

One of the things I like about Hellenistic Astrology is that it recognises all three possibilities and you will find Lots of Marriage based on each of those views. Therefore I don't think the Ancients looked at marriage solely in the ways you cite. Yes, some of them did. Certainly Arabic and Christian Astrologers seem to take that as almost exclusive but I don't think that has to be done and you can include the 'love union' in your definition.

Incidentally the three views are not mutually exclusive. You can combine any two or all three if you want.

To be fair, you have scolded me in the past for more frivolous views on applying long term relationships and common law in horaries where I tried to bring Venus and Sun in the picture without necessarily meaning marriage as an institution. :D Therefore, I am nowadays trying to avoid wishful thinking amd stay away from Venus and Sun but in this case, as the person is so family oriented, I couldn't help but mention them. I do however disagree with the statement on Greeks in a broader sense. Maybe their astrologers were very progressive but in Ancient Greece as a society the proper thing was marriage. Sure, one could and would have mistresses and lovers but they would never have the same status. Notable exceptions always existed in human history but for statistics, I stick to the majority of cases. I am not sure a living together arrangement would have carried the same weight for the astrologer. This is not my objection, I obviously have little affection for papers and certificates on their own, it's merely an attempt to remain realistic.

Minderwiz

So, the querent's co-significator can prohibit? Would it mean the querent through his/her actions prohibits the perfection? Or would it mean the whatever house the Moon rules prohibits? For example,family for house 4.

Something gets in the way. I don't think there's a clear answer, that all horary Astrologers would choose. Personally If I was pushed I'd say it was the planet the Moon aspects that gets in the way, and if you want to attribute something to that planet, it's either the house(s) that it rules or something that it naturally signifies. Base your answer on the question and it's context.

Ronia said:
To be fair, you have scolded me in the past for more frivolous views on applying long term relationships and common law in horaries where I tried to bring Venus and Sun in the picture without necessarily meaning marriage as an institution. :D Therefore, I am nowadays trying to avoid wishful thinking amd stay away from Venus and Sun but in this case, as the person is so family oriented, I couldn't help but mention them. I do however disagree with the statement on Greeks in a broader sense. Maybe their astrologers were very progressive but in Ancient Greece as a society the proper thing was marriage. Sure, one could and would have mistresses and lovers but they would never have the same status. Notable exceptions always existed in human history but for statistics, I stick to the majority of cases. I am not sure a living together arrangement would have carried the same weight for the astrologer. This is not my objection, I obviously have little affection for papers and certificates on their own, it's merely an attempt to remain realistic.

I think it's wise to leave out Sun and Venus as co-significators unless the question demonstrates an existing form of relationship or probable relationship. such as (but not exclusively):

Will my boyfriend and I have a asting relationship?
Will my fiance marry me?
Ths guy I fancy has asked me out, will we have a longterm relationship?

Speculative questions such as Will I meet someone this year are best left to the main significators. So if the guy in question had expressed interest in dating you, then use the Sun as his co-significator and Venus as your own (assuming that unlike this question Venus is available).

If this guy has already made an approach to date you, then I'd think using the Sun as his co-significator would be valid. In which case Moon aspecting the Sun before Venus would also suggest a positive outcome.

The issue of the nature of marriage is an interesting one. Much of the legal basis comes from the need to provide for the control and transfer of property. Marriages were often arranged because of it. But this relates to the middle, and upper classes and the nobility. Take away property and there's no need for such a marriage.

Religion obviously also supplies an imperative to marriage ceremonies but one interesting thing is that the peasantry often ignored the injunction to marry and either never did or married only after the birth of the first child. It comes up quite often in ancestry research. So I think, even if it wasn't the dominant form of marriage, it forms a historically valid form of marriage.