What's so great about the Jacques Vieville Tarot?

thinbuddha

le pendu said:
Take a look at Noblet's shoulders too! Thank goodness we have several versions to look at to begin to guess at what "should" be there.

It's a battery. I dare you to knock it off.

Debra

Ok, ok, I'm getting the deck.

I just ordered this deck from Alida thanks to le Pendu and all the enthusiasm you all have expressed here. I'm excited to have so many advance ideas of what to look for in the images--careful looking at pictures doesn't come naturally to me, so this has got me really het up. Hope you all still want to talk about it once I've got it in hand!

Minervasaltar

Count me in! ;)

thinbuddha

Debra said:
Hope you all still want to talk about it once I've got it in hand!

Oh- this deck is so last week!

prudence

thinbuddha said:
:D TOO Funny!!

I am still playing with mine, and seeing all sorts of new things in it...Does anyone here read with theirs? I wonder how or if the number differences will show up in readings. (ie the Hermit, Strength...)

My favorite aspect of this deck is how well detailed the lines of the faces are, next to the more sloppily defined bodies/hands/clothes etc. And how white their faces are, like a deck filled with the Undead or something. :D

Debra

thinbuddha said:
*choke snort chortle* thanks a lot dude or dudette, whichever ye may be.

Debra

I got it, I got it! Jumping for joy. It's stunning. I have to really look at it carefully, but I'm already just thrilled by the HUMANNESS of it--it's full of wonky little mistakes, I love it!

*Air kiss, air kiss and a salute in the general direction of le Pendu and his rose garden!*

Debra

I went through all the majors and courts last night. I'm feeling inspired to do a "what I see" posting. Stay tuned.

le pendu

Debra, I'm so glad you got it and like it. PLEASE DO start a new thread if you'd like or post here to discuss anything you'd like!